First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Tech/Software Product Manager
I'll take Larry for a ride around the area. He can become the first logger in the history of Oregon to be medically-confirmed as having a case of PermaGrin! 😁
Amazing! Larry will have that electric smile plastered across his face for sure!
Sponsored

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

I don't know if I can get away this Friday, but I would highly recommend that any curious person with the time go visit the "riviots" at the roundup. The 5? that brought their trucks last time were very gracious and I'm very glad I went to the first one. :)

MikeFVF51

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 Pro RWD, VW Routan
Occupation
Retired Sales Manager
What a great meet-up. Thanks @DuckTruck for putting it all together and introducing me to such a great group of Rivian owners and fans. @Dgephri it was nice to chat with you and Larry about our pre-order status. Let's order some better weather for next month's meet-up.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Well, around here, they say "April showers bring May showers", and boy, did we get rained on. Still a great time, but that rain managed to arrive the instant I got there to set up. Luckily Dizzo and his family were already there, and uncle Larry and Doug got to go for a spin around the traffic-snarled area.
What a great meet-up. Thanks @DuckTruck for putting it all together and introducing me to such a great group of Rivian owners and fans. @Dgephri it was nice to chat with you and Larry about our pre-order status. Let's order some better weather for next month's meet-up.
Thanks, Mike! I enjoyed catching up with you and the others. I wish some company people could join us to see what else Rivian is helping to build. Introducing people to each other for the first time and watching those friendships grow is as special to me anything else, especially after the pandemic s#!+show of these past few years.

It was a great evening, but the rain that started right as we got underway was a bit of a bummer. Next time, I'll forego washing my truck just before getting there. That magic carwash=rainstorm trick will be remembered, just in case a drought threatens us again this Summer.

Even with that downpour, those who made it seemed to enjoy the time together and, as a bonus, got to hear local Blues Legend, Sunny Hess and her band play, as the weather drove them inside.

I'm looking forward to having our next gathering either outside, or at least in a more rustic setting. In addition to places like the Rock Creek Tavern and Edgefield, I know a few winery owners that may be up for having us visit on a Saturday or Sunday, away from the hustle and traffic of a Friday night. I think all are suitable for families and many are dog-friendly, as well. We also have Silver Creek Falls and Champoeg Park to fall back on. Both would be great picnic/Camp Kitchen options.

The beach and the Gorge provide great day-trip choices. With DCFC close by, Newport, Seaside, and Hood River open up lots of options. The Oregon and S.W. Washington coasts are always fun, and also give us any number of logging roads we might be able to explore in the Coast Range. In that the Western slope of the Coast Range is a rainforest, there's plenty of mud and muck for us to go play in.

Once the fresh produce is hitting its stride, doing the Fruit Loop around Mt. Hood becomes a favorite trip of mine. It can make for a very full day. First stop, Timberline Lodge to check out the old place and the unparalleled views. Then, around the mountain and down Hwy 35 to Hood River to load up on all the fresh fruit and baked goodies there, especially all of the berries and cherries that hit before the apples and pears show up. There are some nice Forest Service side roads that can get us into some beautiful mountain settings along the way.

Hood River has plenty of wineries, breweries, parks, and also some large gathering areas right down on the water. It's also home to a number of artists and craft-makers. As it's the Windsurfing/Kite-boarding/Windsailing Capitol of the U.S., they have a ton of things to do and see. The Camp Kitchens might come in handy if we can't make up our minds on the many great restaurants or brewpubs there.

On the way back, the Gorge provides views found nowhere else, including all of the waterfalls. The classic Edgefield Manor gives us several places for dinner and things to do and see. From there, it's 15 minutes to downtown Portland, or spend the night and take in their heated pool that snakes through a corner of the property. It includes a poolside bar that's just for pool patrons. They also have a theater that allows food and their line of beers and wine from their property to be served. There's never a dull moment there, but it's always relaxing.

No matter what we choose to do, when the time comes, I hope someone reminds me not to wash my truck beforehand.
--------------------------------------
With people coming and going throughout the night, this was those of us left when the rain subsided....for a minute.

Thanks to those who could make it and hopes that more will be able to join in next time.

Until then, Cheers! 🍻

Rivian R1T R1S Northwest Rivian Roundup on Friday, May 13th 20220513_183810
Rivian R1T R1S Northwest Rivian Roundup on Friday, May 13th 20220513_183728
Rivian R1T R1S Northwest Rivian Roundup on Friday, May 13th 20220513_183859
Rivian R1T R1S Northwest Rivian Roundup on Friday, May 13th 20220513_183840
Rivian R1T R1S Northwest Rivian Roundup on Friday, May 13th 20220513_182704

dizzo

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Agreed! It was great to meet you, Mike!

Sponsored

dizzo

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Well, around here, they say "April showers bring May showers", and boy, did we get rained on. Still a great time, but that rain managed to arrive the instant I got there to set up. Luckily Dizzo and his family were already there, and uncle Larry and Doug got to go for a spin around the traffic-snarled area.

Thanks, Mike! I enjoyed catching up with you and the others. I wish some company people could join us to see what else Rivian is helping to build. Introducing people to each other for the first time and watching those friendships grow is as special to me anything else, especially after the pandemic s#!+show of these past few years.

It was a great evening, but the rain that started right as we got underway was a bit of a bummer. Next time, I'll forego washing my truck just before getting there. That magic carwash=rainstorm trick will be remembered, just in case a drought threatens us again this Summer.

Even with that downpour, those who made it seemed to enjoy the time together and, as a bonus, got to hear local Blues Legend, Sunny Hess and her band play, as the weather drove them inside.

I'm looking forward to having our next gathering either outside, or at least in a more rustic setting. In addition to places like the Rock Creek Tavern and Edgefield, I know a few winery owners that may be up for having us visit on a Saturday or Sunday, away from the hustle and traffic of a Friday night. I think all are suitable for families and many are dog-friendly, as well. We also have Silver Creek Falls and Champoeg Park to fall back on. Both would be great picnic/Camp Kitchen options.

The beach and the Gorge provide great day-trip choices. With DCFC close by, Newport, Seaside, and Hood River open up lots of options. The Oregon and S.W. Washington coasts are always fun, and also give us any number of logging roads we might be able to explore in the Coast Range. In that the Western slope of the Coast Range is a rainforest, there's plenty of mud and muck for us to go play in.

Once the fresh produce is hitting its stride, doing the Fruit Loop around Mt. Hood becomes a favorite trip of mine. It can make for a very full day. First stop, Timberline Lodge to check out the old place and the unparalleled views. Then, around the mountain and down Hwy 35 to Hood River to load up on all the fresh fruit and baked goodies there, especially all of the berries and cherries that hit before the apples and pears show up. There are some nice Forest Service side roads that can get us into some beautiful mountain settings along the way.

Hood River has plenty of wineries, breweries, parks, and also some large gathering areas right down on the water. It's also home to a number of artists and craft-makers. As it's the Windsurfing/Kite-boarding/Windsailing Capitol of the U.S., they have a ton of things to do and see. The Camp Kitchens might come in handy if we can't make up our minds on the many great restaurants or brewpubs there.

On the way back, the Gorge provides views found nowhere else, including all of the waterfalls. The classic Edgefield Manor gives us several places for dinner and things to do and see. From there, it's 15 minutes to downtown Portland, or spend the night and take in their heated pool that snakes through a corner of the property. It includes a poolside bar that's just for pool patrons. They also have a theater that allows food and their line of beers and wine from their property to be served. There's never a dull moment there, but it's always relaxing.

No matter what we choose to do, when the time comes, I hope someone reminds me not to wash my truck beforehand.
--------------------------------------
With people coming and going throughout the night, this was those of us left when the rain subsided....for a minute.

Thanks to those who could make it and hopes that more will be able to join in next time.

Until then, Cheers! 🍻

20220513_183810.jpg
20220513_183728.jpg
20220513_183859.jpg
20220513_183840.jpg
20220513_182704.jpg
A great time had by all indeed! Thanks again for organizing the meetup, Bruce, and brainstorming all the incredible options for future meetups, too. I'm looking forward to all the electric adventures to come. Cheers!

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Feels like it might be time for another one of these: What say you @DuckTruck

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Feels like it might be time for another one of these: What say you @DuckTruck
Mike,

Funny you should mention that. I was talking about it a couple of days ago and will be checking on availability at Fidos for Friday, June 24th later today. Any later, and we're up against the Independence Day holiday. While we can get serious about other outside/park type options for later, Fido's is really convenient for Friday nights after work.

Also, the EA charging helps for those coming any distance, and the ability to reserve some of the parking right out front suits a gathering that focuses on vehicles.

More to follow....soon....

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Mike,

Funny you should mention that. I was talking about it a couple of days ago and will be checking on availability at Fidos for Friday, June 24th later today. Any later, and we're up against the Independence Day holiday. While we can get serious about other outside/park type options for later, Fido's is really convenient for Friday nights after work.

Also, the EA charging helps for those coming any distance, and the ability to reserve some of the parking right out front suits a gathering that focuses on vehicles.

More to follow....soon....
Great news folks! We have Fido's/48th North Pizza reserved for the evening of Friday, June 24th. Scott, the owner of Fido's, will also block off those front seven parking spots just for us. On top of that, the outside covered area will be open for us hang out and mingle.

More to follow, but just wanted to get the word out as I know the Summer can fill up quickly for folks, especially those with kids. Speaking of kids, they're certainly welcomed at Fido's. Of course, dogs are not only welcomed, but part and parcel of what Fido's is all about.

Hopefully, everyone who plans on being there can be there at 6:30 so we can capture the largest group photo of the evening. As a bit of an incentive, I have some goodies from a new EV company and we'll have a drawing and give them away. Tickets cost nothing, but you gotta be there to have a chance! Rumor has it that this new company makes some ground-breaking trucks, with a bunch of awesome SUV's coming shortly. I hear their Launch Green is really cool. 😁

Please give me a heads up over the next week so I can give Scott and Tori (of 48th North) an idea of numbers.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing everyone soo, um....in the very near future!

(FWIW, I plan to be there as early as 4:00 and stay until 10ish, so feel free to come by any time before that 6:30 group pic and drawing.)

Last edited:

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Tesla Model Y
Not looking like I'll be able to make it. Planning on camping at the beach that night for a surf tournament the next morning.

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I will be there!