• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

California [Northern California] R1T Adventure Feeler (Pending Sale)

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Lightning Standard
Hi:

Pending sale as of 12/3.

Specs are:

Interior: Ocean Coast + Dark Ash Wood interior
Exterior: White
Tonneau: Powered (Working?)

Price: $92,000.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but the fed rebate doesnā€™t apply to 2nd hand purchase. And the tax savings isnā€™t there as CA, for instance, will charge a use tax when you register which is the same 10.5% for TTL.

OP
OP

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Lightning Standard
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but the fed rebate doesnā€™t apply to 2nd hand purchase. And the tax savings isnā€™t there as CA, for instance, will charge a use tax when you register which is the same 10.5% for TTL.
Apparently my knowledge of Private Sales was lacking. I assumed you didn't pay taxes on Private sales.. But DMV does take it when you register the used car. Thanks for the Correction.

Last edited:

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
In CA the original owner will be paying sales tax and registration fees. In my county itā€™s roughly 10% of the purchase price.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
In CA the original owner will be paying sales tax and registration fees. In my county itā€™s roughly 10% of the purchase price.
Thereā€™s also a transfer and use tax that is collected. CA taxes you each time you transfer ownership based on sale value of vehicle.

Also confirmed, fed tax credit applies to new purchase only and not ā€œusedā€ secondhand purchase. Given Rivian doesnā€™t allow transfer before time of initial purchase, the purchaser will lose out on this as well. In 2023, there is a possible reduced tax credit but likely wonā€™t apply to Rivian.

Alas, for someone who wants to jump the line, this is a good deal if they are ok swallowing additional 20% cost. Just thought it would be helpful for potential buyers to beware of tax and rebate guidelines.

Sponsored

pyrobot

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter
Occupation
CEO
Bump with price adjustment to $90K if anyone is interested in getting it early and want to work with me to buy it. Otherwise, just letting Rivian keep it.
PMd you