First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Director Quality Engineering
I'm up in NE part of Raleigh close to WF. I went with a non-le r1t w explore, rivian blue, at tires and off road upgrade. wondering how long beyond the january delivery we'll start seeing non-le roll out
Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Wake Forest, NC here. haven't yet but looking to order the R1T.

Have been an EV owner since 2018, this is actually replacing my first one (2017 Chevy Bolt that I leased). If it wasn't for Covid would probably have had to do something else but working from home all the time has made it easier, as not required to go into work so driving the single car (Tesla Model X Standard Range) isn't a burden with my family of six.

Planning on putting the order in by the end of the month, hoping the January 2022 dates are accurate.

We have another EV, the Fiat 500E that my teenagers are using to learn to drive in and get around the area in. We are all in and have not a single gas engine, even battery powered yard tools.

The road tax is $130 a year, and is non-refundable, so say you pay it in January and get rid of the car in April, you've donated the cash to the DOT.

At least they didn't raise it to $350 like they wanted too a few years back.

I'm curious if it's known where the Rivian adventure chargers will be out east around the outer banks? There is zero CCS charging out there, Tesla has one in Kill Devil Hills and Wilmington, but there's no EA chargers along the entire coast line.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Planning on putting the order in by the end of the month, hoping the January 2022 dates are accurate.
If you haven't pre-ordered yet, it seems unlikely you'll be able to take delivery any time in 2022. LE deliveries are already spilling into spring 2022.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
If you haven't pre-ordered yet, it seems unlikely you'll be able to take delivery any time in 2022. LE deliveries are already spilling into spring 2022.
That all depends on Rivian's max production rate, number of orders that will be completed, and how long it takes them to ramp to the max production rate.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
That all depends on Rivian's max production rate, number of orders that will be completed, and how long it takes them to ramp to the max production rate.
That much should be obvious. As should the fact that this is all dependent on supply chains and numerous other variables including when they actually start production. RJ has explicitly stated that they will be supply constrained longer than they would like. Just trying to temper expectations of someone who hasn't ordered yet as they may be in for a much longer wait than they may hope. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm curious if it's known where the Rivian adventure chargers will be out east around the outer banks? There is zero CCS charging out there, Tesla has one in Kill Devil Hills and Wilmington, but there's no EA chargers along the entire coast line.
Rivian seems to have plans on two DCFC locations on the way from the Triangle to the Outer Banks, but none actually in the Outer Banks. I'd love to see something in Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills, personally. Some destination chargers in Duck would also be appreciated.

They're also showing a planned DCFC around New Bern, which will be useful for some Coast trips.

There's also one that looks like it'll be in Wilmington.

Rivian R1T R1S North Carolina (Raleigh) Rivian Fans Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 11.25.29 PM

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
There’s L2 chargers in the Ferry parking lot for Bald Head Island. Used to park my Tesla there and charge when I lived in NC and would vacation on the island.

P.S.Mangelsdorf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1940 Chevy EV conversion, 2017 Challenger (daily)
Occupation
Consultant
They don't currently show any, but they really need one in Corolla/Carova where NC-12 becomes the beach.

mahendar

First Name
Mahendar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software
I do not know anything about that regulation.

What color/options did you pre-order? I am leaning towards the Limestone, but really considering the El Cap as well. What options are you hoping they come out with?
I went with the Launch Edition

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Just wanted to start connecting with other Rivian Fans in the Triangle area. I have pre-ordered a LE R1S and would like to get to know other Rivian Fans in the area.
I'm in Oriental - have pre-ordered R1T.

Sponsored

Superdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Construction
In the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area here.

R1T- Adventure, Max Pack, Off Road, Midnight, Black Mountain interior.

Preordered in June of '21. Hopeful to receive around May/June '22

Considering the fullsize spare and going to a 20" rim. Will decide after looking at financing options. What's another $10/month type of thought process. Unfortunately that might talk me into the camp kitchen.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Nerd
Do we have any idea where Rivian's Store locations will be in the state yet?

Last edited:

P.S.Mangelsdorf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1940 Chevy EV conversion, 2017 Challenger (daily)
Occupation
Consultant
Do we have any idea where Rivian's Store locations will be in the state yet?
Not that I've seen. Disappointingly, it seems that the entire southeast has not received much attention from Rivian, especially when it comes to physical locations.

However, my best guess would be in Charlotte.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Not that I've seen. Disappointingly, it seems that the entire southeast has not received much attention from Rivian, especially when it comes to physical locations.

However, my best guess would be in Charlotte.
Annoying that Charlotte tends to get things first. The Triangle is more populous and more centrally located for the state.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Nerd
if you google 'rivian raleigh' there is a stale hit that takes you to a missing posting on glassdoor for Raleigh for a while, but it quit giving that result.

I know NC was trying woo the next manufacturing facility, but it appears TX is king with giving away enough to attract if recent articles are to be believed (https://www.bizjournals.com/triangl...xpansion-north-carolina-texas-incentives.html)
Sponsored