Sponsored

North Carolina (Raleigh) Rivian Fans

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
That's great! I heard similar things from my guide last week. He mentioned that they were going to put a facility in South Hill (which is in VA - but much closer to NC) to better serve NC. I'm wondering what we will have to do so far as registration/temp tags/etc since they will be delivering from VA - will we have to take care of some of those things on our own?

Also, we just went through the process of getting a Home Equity Line of Credit just to have available given the insanity of the housing market and impact on home values. I now intend to use this funding mechanism for the financed portion of the R1T instead of getting a traditional auto loan. The HELOC was offered at the prime lending rate of 3.5% with 10 years of interest only repayment - this certainly seemed a better rate than what Rivian and my bank were offering on auto loans. Maybe something to think about as well if you haven't already.
Thats reassuring yoy heard the same thing about another rivian location. I would assume....that we shouldn't have to do anything and they mail our new plates to us like at other dealers. I'm trading my car in and hopefully able to just transfer plates.
Yeah true. I found a bank with 2% for 66 months. I was going to try them. My guide said to wait another week before applying to be sure to get it in the 30 day window. https://www.cefcu.com/rates/loan-rates.html
Sponsored

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
I'm in South Hill about 2x a week and keep looking for where it could be going. If anyone gets a lead on where it will be, I'll be glad to keep all us Raleigh Fans posted on its progress. CS and the VA DMV article confirmed it was in the plans, but no actual address I can find yet.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
That's great! I heard similar things from my guide last week. He mentioned that they were going to put a facility in South Hill (which is in VA - but much closer to NC) to better serve NC. I'm wondering what we will have to do so far as registration/temp tags/etc since they will be delivering from VA - will we have to take care of some of those things on our own?

Also, we just went through the process of getting a Home Equity Line of Credit just to have available given the insanity of the housing market and impact on home values. I now intend to use this funding mechanism for the financed portion of the R1T instead of getting a traditional auto loan. The HELOC was offered at the prime lending rate of 3.5% with 10 years of interest only repayment - this certainly seemed a better rate than what Rivian and my bank were offering on auto loans. Maybe something to think about as well if you haven't already.
For states with dealer protection laws, you will technically purchase the vehicle in IL. It will come with IL temp tags. You sign a limited power of attorney authorizing Rivian to file the paperwork with NC DMV on your behalf and NC DMV will then mail you the plates, registration and title. One thing to be aware of is that you take ownership of the truck when it leaves the factory, not when you receive it.

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Tesla M3, '18 Volvo XC60
Occupation
Consultant
For states with dealer protection laws, you will technically purchase the vehicle in IL. It will come with IL temp tags. You sign a limited power of attorney authorizing Rivian to file the paperwork with NC DMV on your behalf and NC DMV will then mail you the plates, registration and title. One thing to be aware of is that you take ownership of the truck when it leaves the factory, not when you receive it.
Thanks for clearing that up - such an interesting workaround. My guide indicates that a VIN could be assigned as early as this week! Fingers crossed.

Heelmark

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470, BMW 328i, Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
Attorney
Completed 7 steps on Thursday. Still waiting on contact for delivery to GSO.

Sponsored

Heelmark

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Same as yours LE LG BM AT 20” Bright Wheels also with spare crossbars kayak mount mats. Rivian charger ready. I bought a $35 Wolfgang Puck single induction cooktop rather than the $5k kitchen. I am tempted to sell it and clear $50k but that would not help my stock and with a 1999 LX 470 that has been great except for the gas guzzling I am overdue for new ride. I have wanted a pick up but could not justify another guzzler. My dad was a Ford man so I considered the Lightning but Rivian has been testing this truck for so long I think they have nailed it. I will let you know when it arrives. It is in RVA now. I am going 4-wheelin in the Uwharries in June and considering the eastern segment of the TAT next year. I need to get outside more often and I hope this truck is a motivator.

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Same as yours LE LG BM AT 20” Bright Wheels also with spare crossbars kayak mount mats. Rivian charger ready. I bought a $35 Wolfgang Puck single induction cooktop rather than the $5k kitchen. I am tempted to sell it and clear $50k but that would not help my stock and with a 1999 LX 470 that has been great except for the gas guzzling I am overdue for new ride. I have wanted a pick up but could not justify another guzzler. My dad was a Ford man so I considered the Lightning but Rivian has been testing this truck for so long I think they have nailed it. I will let you know when it arrives. It is in RVA now. I am going 4-wheelin in the Uwharries in June and considering the eastern segment of the TAT next year. I need to get outside more often and I hope this truck is a motivator.
How long has yours been in RVA and do you have a delivery date? Mine is at the check gate at the plant and will be in RVA in 3 to 4 days my guide said. I just got the 8 steps today. Ford had nailed the Mustang mach e. I really have enjoyed that car and part of me hates giving up such a good car for something sight unseen and unproven. This makes me belive 150 lightning will be just as solid. I'm in the same boat I think rivian has nailed this truck and will only getting better with updates. With the update on the price, I felt this truck was a no brainer to buy and i had no idea on when i would get my lightening order. Time will tell. Once more of us North-Carolinans get their trucks, we should plan a fancy meet up like other groups.

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Tesla M3, '18 Volvo XC60
Occupation
Consultant
How long has yours been in RVA and do you have a delivery date? Mine is at the check gate at the plant and will be in RVA in 3 to 4 days my guide said. I just got the 8 steps today. Ford had nailed the Mustang mach e. I really have enjoyed that car and part of me hates giving up such a good car for something sight unseen and unproven. This makes me belive 150 lightning will be just as solid. I'm in the same boat I think rivian has nailed this truck and will only getting better with updates. With the update on the price, I felt this truck was a no brainer to buy and i had no idea on when i would get my lightening order. Time will tell. Once more of us North-Carolinans get their trucks, we should plan a fancy meet up like other groups.
That's really exciting - hopefully not much longer until its here. I have noticed that I've been assigned a vehicle ID on my account page - so I hope there's a VIN and 8 Step Process soon. I'm also giving up another EV for the truck, but my 2020 Tesla M3 LR won't be missed as much. It was a great dip into EV ownership, but after a few years I've really soured on Tesla and have noticed so many quality issues I would not have forgiven on any other vehicle. Not expecting to have that experience with the Rivian.

Oldfart

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (highly modified)
Occupation
Retired
My guide was assigned last week and I spoke to him on Tuesday. He said I should have my truck by the end of June at the latest. Looking forward to meeting the Rivian community! I’m in the Clayton 40/42 area.

Sponsored

Heelmark

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Hearing only Crickets from my guide since last Tuesday. I am drooling like Pavlov’s dogs. Rivian rang the bell but no truck yet.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/nfsnc/recreation/ohv/?recid=48112&actid=93

How about an R1T rally at the 4WD roads in the Uwharries?

I was sorely tempted by the Mach E but wanted a home handy man truck for Lowe’s trips.
I can get to OIB and RVA to visit family with no stops. SOL for Cincy since WVA has no DCFC and KY is sparse though with 1.5 hrs charging I could make it but if one charger is out then could be stranded.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra