First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Speaking of Greenville - any progress on local DC fast chargers? Its wild that there's nothing out that direction. My parents are in the area and we've had to setup charging at their house for when I visit 🙃
My Sister-in-Law and her family are moving to Greenville, would very much like a fast charger there, just far enough from Raleigh to be annoying.
Sponsored

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Speaking of Greenville - any progress on local DC fast chargers? Its wild that there's nothing out that direction. My parents are in the area and we've had to setup charging at their house for when I visit 🙃
Rumors were floating around but nothing concrete has come up. The closest EA is in Rocky Mount. About 50 mins towards Raleigh. :(

Oldfart

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (highly modified)
Occupation
Retired
I’m in Clayton, NC and have an R1T, Canyon Red, Black Mountain, Dark 20” wheels, full spare, with off-road package that was ordered in February, 2022. Looking forward to seeing one in person!

CAholder

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Hey! R1S Adventure here. Ordered 1/25/22.

In Raleigh! Looking forward to meeting people next year if they stay on track

DinNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LE/LG/BM/20” Dark
Good morning all - wish I could make it to Charlotte for the event - I am in RDU and was told by my guide to expect delivery mid-May. Signed PBA so now just waiting for the 8 step process. Happy to meet up with others if you want to take a look (maybe after getting it wrapped in PPF! 😳)

Sponsored

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Good morning all - wish I could make it to Charlotte for the event - I am in RDU and was told by my guide to expect delivery mid-May. Signed PBA so now just waiting for the 8 step process. Happy to meet up with others if you want to take a look (maybe after getting it wrapped in PPF! 😳)
I'll take you up on that. I'll buy you lunch/drinks/dinner if you want. I don't want to be a pest. Just a short trip in the passenger seat to let me feel comfort and maybe a quick 0-60 pull if (safely) possible?

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Tesla M3, '18 Volvo XC60
Occupation
Consultant
Has anyone in the area been assigned a guide since the last communication from Rivian went out?

I was assigned a guide yesterday with the intro call coming first thing next week (5/2) - I'm wondering if this is just part of the process to 'reach out to all reservation holders by end of May' or maybe - just maybe - my number has come up.

DinNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LE/LG/BM/20” Dark
Has anyone in the area been assigned a guide since the last communication from Rivian went out?

I was assigned a guide yesterday with the intro call coming first thing next week (5/2) - I'm wondering if this is just part of the process to 'reach out to all reservation holders by end of May' or maybe - just maybe - my number has come up.
I have a guide, spoke with him 2 weeks ago, signed PBA and spoke with him again today. No R1S deliveries yet - most likely end of May. They are targeting 4K deliveries in May between all 3 vehicles. I am now suspecting June for me.

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache

I got notified of a guide yesterday as well

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
I got notified of a guide yesterday as well
That's great! I just received a call from my guide and they are anticipating 4-6 weeks until delivery which is really just mind-blowing. Signed the PBA this afternoon.

Sponsored

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
That's great! I just received a call from my guide and they are anticipating 4-6 weeks until delivery which is really just mind-blowing. Signed the PBA this afternoon.
Thats awesome. My call is scheduled for 5/2. Yes it's hard to believe it's actually happening. 4 to 6 week time frame would perfect. What consisted of signing the PBA? Like do you have to financing and insurance already to sign? I'm sure it has been mentioned else.

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Thats awesome. My call is scheduled for 5/2. Yes it's hard to believe it's actually happening. 4 to 6 week time frame would perfect. What consisted of signing the PBA? Like do you have to financing and insurance already to sign? I'm sure it has been mentioned else.
The PBA process is really simple; it is a signed acknowledgement of the configuration you intend to purchase, as well as some T&C's around the purchase and your intent to follow-through. I believe any financial or insurance details/decisions come later during the 8 Step purchase process (which I have not been invited to start).

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
The PBA process is really simple; it is a signed acknowledgement of the configuration you intend to purchase, as well as some T&C's around the purchase and your intent to follow-through. I believe any financial or insurance details/decisions come later during the 8 Step purchase process (which I have not been invited to start).
Awesome. Thanks again for the info. Look forward to have some one else going through this at the same time.

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Just got off the phone with Rodney. He was nice and didn't really learn much I didn't know from the forum. Two things I did learn though....
1. He works in normal but he is working from home due to a covid spike at the plant....😬
2. He said my truck would go to Richmond VA to be delivered but he said very soon that would change. Sounded like rivian was going to be in NC soon. Whatever that means.

Very keen to not give me a date obviously but said should not have a problem hitting your delivery window. Said i had 30 days for my car application at my bank to be active and when I needed to apply, he said give it a week. So maybe by the 2nd week of June...? He would reach out if there were any delays. We will see I guess...

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Just got off the phone with Rodney. He was nice and didn't really learn much I didn't know from the forum. Two things I did learn though....
1. He works in normal but he is working from home due to a covid spike at the plant....😬
2. He said my truck would go to Richmond VA to be delivered but he said very soon that would change. Sounded like rivian was going to be in NC soon. Whatever that means.

Very keen to not give me a date obviously but said should not have a problem hitting your delivery window. Said i had 30 days for my car application at my bank to be active and when I needed to apply, he said give it a week. So maybe by the 2nd week of June...? He would reach out if there were any delays. We will see I guess...
That's great! I heard similar things from my guide last week. He mentioned that they were going to put a facility in South Hill (which is in VA - but much closer to NC) to better serve NC. I'm wondering what we will have to do so far as registration/temp tags/etc since they will be delivering from VA - will we have to take care of some of those things on our own?

Also, we just went through the process of getting a Home Equity Line of Credit just to have available given the insanity of the housing market and impact on home values. I now intend to use this funding mechanism for the financed portion of the R1T instead of getting a traditional auto loan. The HELOC was offered at the prime lending rate of 3.5% with 10 years of interest only repayment - this certainly seemed a better rate than what Rivian and my bank were offering on auto loans. Maybe something to think about as well if you haven't already.
Sponsored