First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Director Quality Engineering
I would think that South Hill location is going to be our service center to get started and likely where they send Service Techs from until they can get approval to operate in our great state. Considering I can make it from my section of North Raleigh to South Hill in an hour its actually not a bad haul for a service tech. In fact I have a second place on Lake Gaston (VA Side) and I get people from Raleigh all the time up there to do work (landscape, plumbing, etc)
I totally forgot about the South Hill location - will be nice to have both, especially considering our current laws in NC!
Sponsored

calvin534

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Denali
Occupation
Channel Management
Clubs

I totally forgot about the South Hill location - will be nice to have both, especially considering our current laws in NC!
South Hill isn't a bad alternative, it's disappointing our legislators can't get their act together.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
I didn't order until late summer 2021 so I'm sitting at a max pack delivery in 2H 2023. We decided to get an R1S to replace our X, but that was ordered after the IPO, but it also has a 2H2023 delivery window.

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco & '21 MME
Wilson, NC. I placed a deposit today for a Limestone R1S. Best case scenario would be 2H 2023, but I'm in no rush. Current daily driver is a MME, but I also have a '21 Bronco as the family vehicle/toy. The R1S would replace the MME.

AMoney

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Acadia
Occupation
N/A
I’m in Charlotte. R1S Adventure with an Aug 2020 preorder date. Going to go with Forest Green but can’t decide on Black Mountain or Ocean Coast interior.

Sponsored

MattCanesR1T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Apparently Rivian was in Raleigh a few days ago and showed Gov Roy Cooper the R1T... A little miffed they didn't say they were going to be here

OP
OP

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Apparently Rivian was in Raleigh a few days ago and showed Gov Roy Cooper the R1T... A little miffed they didn't say they were going to be here
Hey Matt. Not sure who they were demo'ing the vehicles for, but they were def here....
These are from a buddy from Tues/wed

Rivian R1T R1S North Carolina (Raleigh) Rivian Fans image_67238401.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S North Carolina (Raleigh) Rivian Fans image_50382849.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S North Carolina (Raleigh) Rivian Fans image_50433793.JPG

MattCanesR1T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Hey Matt. Not sure who they were demo'ing the vehicles for, but they were def here....
These are from a buddy from Tues/wed

image_67238401.JPG

image_50382849.JPG

image_50433793.JPG
Yeah I'm just disappointed they didn't tell us...

Hopefully to this is the start of the end of the no direct to consumer sales

OP
OP

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yeah I'm just disappointed they didn't tell us...

Hopefully to this is the start of the end of the no direct to consumer sales
Yes. I was bummed I didn't get to see it and touch it. I really would have been content with that. Wonder where we will be able to get in our test drives ...?

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Wake Forest, NC here. haven't yet but looking to order the R1T.

Have been an EV owner since 2018, this is actually replacing my first one (2017 Chevy Bolt that I leased). If it wasn't for Covid would probably have had to do something else but working from home all the time has made it easier, as not required to go into work so driving the single car (Tesla Model X Standard Range) isn't a burden with my family of six.

Planning on putting the order in by the end of the month, hoping the January 2022 dates are accurate.

We have another EV, the Fiat 500E that my teenagers are using to learn to drive in and get around the area in. We are all in and have not a single gas engine, even battery powered yard tools.

The road tax is $130 a year, and is non-refundable, so say you pay it in January and get rid of the car in April, you've donated the cash to the DOT.

At least they didn't raise it to $350 like they wanted too a few years back.

I'm curious if it's known where the Rivian adventure chargers will be out east around the outer banks? There is zero CCS charging out there, Tesla has one in Kill Devil Hills and Wilmington, but there's no EA chargers along the entire coast line.
There is a charger in Oriental - at town hall.

Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Nerd
Welp, so much for today's discussion, probably a good idea.

Good morning –

We are going to delay this afternoon’s meeting to March 16th as we have heard from a few pre-order holders in North Carolina and other states that they are still processing yesterday’s repricing announcement. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions.

Thanks for understanding and apologies for any inconvenience.

G_Land79

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi S4, 2014 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Statistician
Clubs

Yeah, I received that email as well and I completely understand as they are likely being overwhelmed with something they have nothing to do with.

I did respond though saying that the new price makes me no longer willing to assume all the early adopter risk. I'm out if they can't sort out in state service and repair to my satisfaction. I was willing to deal with many growing pains when the pricing was attractive. Priced more in line with competitors means I'm unwilling to take on the risk of hard to schedule repair and less adequate charging solutions.

OP
OP

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Welp, so much for today's discussion, probably a good idea.

Good morning –

We are going to delay this afternoon’s meeting to March 16th as we have heard from a few pre-order holders in North Carolina and other states that they are still processing yesterday’s repricing announcement. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions.

Thanks for understanding and apologies for any inconvenience.
What meeting is being rescheduled for March 16th?

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Nerd
they were talking to rivian reservation owners in NC about working with the legislature to make sure they can sell cars.

you can reach out to [email protected] and get added to the list if you're still a reservation holder.

OP
OP

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

they were talking to rivian reservation owners in NC about working with the legislature to make sure they can sell cars.

you can reach out to [email protected] and get added to the list if you're still a reservation holder.
Does Rivian compensate preorder holders in anyway for helping with policy?
Sponsored