lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Has anyone heard if you can go to Normal to pickup your vehicle. I personally would love to do that. Porsche has this service where you can order your car and they let you go to their facility in Atlanta and spend time on a track with your vehicle (or one like it). It would be great to go to normal, see the facility, go on their track and then pickup my R1S. I would be happy to do the drive home from there.
Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Last time this was asked about, I believe the answer was "Not yet"

From what CS has told various people, Rivian wants to eventually offer Factory Pickup as an option, but with COVID and such, they haven't made that available yet

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Has anyone heard if you can go to Normal to pickup your vehicle. I personally would love to do that. Porsche has this service where you can order your car and they let you go to their facility in Atlanta and spend time on a track with your vehicle (or one like it). It would be great to go to normal, see the facility, go on their track and then pickup my R1S. I would be happy to do the drive home from there.
Tell Rivian you want to do that. The more demand, the more likely it is.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
FWIW, when I spoke to a Rivian Employee at the 1st Mile Event in Sonoma, he told me you can coordinate your delivery in Normal if you want as you can take advantage of their test track when you pick up the truck

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I am hoping it is an option. I live about an hour away from the factory.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I am hoping it is an option. I live about an hour away from the factory.
I really hope that will be the case. It would be profitable for them, and it would build further engagement and a premium brand. Using their test track, having an hour with an expert, a tour of the factory, and looking at accessories in person would all be good. They would save on the delivery costs and could even charge, like Porsche, a small amount. Would be good to have a visitors center and restaurant. Not that expensive to set up or organize.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
I also hope this is an option. I live in North Carolina so I would have to travel out of state regardless. I have a buddy in St. Louis who has been asking me to visit for years. Seems like a great excuse.

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
According to Rivian, yes.

Rivian R1T R1S Normal Pickup.... A7D6A00E-2B1F-4994-8672-56737EFB2174

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I really hope that will be the case. It would be profitable for them, and it would build further engagement and a premium brand. Using their test track, having an hour with an expert, a tour of the factory, and looking at accessories in person would all be good. They would save on the delivery costs and could even charge, like Porsche, a small amount. Would be good to have a visitors center and restaurant. Not that expensive to set up or organize.
City could donate the property. Think of the income from hotels, etc,.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I'm hoping to do this and then drive it back to Virginia. Not that I need it to be a package deal, but if I was the city I would be doing everything I could to make some sort of package with Rivian for this including pickup at the airport, restaurants, hotel, etc.

I had not seen the pickup center above, very cool.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I also hope this is an option. I live in North Carolina so I would have to travel out of state regardless. I have a buddy in St. Louis who has been asking me to visit for years. Seems like a great excuse.
In corresponding with Rivian, I stated I would be more than happy to pick up at the plant in Normal along with a tour! CS said she made a note in my file! Also, I'm in NC. We will be working to bring forward a Bill in the spring to hopefully allow Rivian to establish a Hub/Service Center, etc in NC. If you haven't yet, let your state Representative and State Senator know you support Rivian! Thank you.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

If you're planning on picking up at Normal, I highly recommend grabbing food from Avanti's.

https://www.avantisnormal.com/

I love their gondolas.
Sponsored