LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Obviously makes it an important distinction in the upcoming Qtrly call between vehicles produced and vehicles delivered. This looks very much like many other OEMs building nearly finished vehicles awaiting some critical part shortage like chips, etc. Saw a photo of a Ford lot full of hundreds of new Broncos sitting idle for chips or replacement roof panels. So even the big-guys are in this same pickle.
Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

From 1703_privateairspace.pdf (namic.org)
"The FAA takes the position that a UAS flying in your yard or over your private or business property is considered to be in navigable airspace. https://www.faa.gov/uas/faqs/ Navigable airspace is from the ground up. Anyone flying a UAS in compliance with FAA rules is permitted to fly in all such navigable airspace. It is a federal offense to interfere with the operation of an aircraft, so private property owners and business owners are prohibited from interfering with or preventing the operations of a UAS in navigable airspace even if that space is private property."

Edit: After looking at the FAA map, the airspace above the plant is Class D which does require FAA and air traffic authorization.
I thought DJI drones were geofenced and can't fly into restricted airspace? That was my experience with the Spark I had a couple years back.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I thought DJI drones were geofenced and can't fly into restricted airspace? That was my experience with the Spark I had a couple years back.
I'm sure their consumer tier may be, but the professional drones I think are unlockable.

Edit: They are:
Geo Zone Map - Fly Safe - DJI

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I'm sure their consumer tier may be, but the professional drones I think are unlockable.
I think the YouTube description said this as the mini - so definitely consumer (I think that's actually the follow on to the Spark) - but, all that being said, I imagine they can be unlocked as well through some shenanigans.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I think the YouTube description said this as the mini - so definitely consumer (I think that's actually the follow on to the Spark) - but, all that being said, I imagine they can be unlocked as well through some shenanigans.
In the link I added to my previous post, it speaks to being able to self-authorize a flight if you are registered. It didn't seem to differentiate between models.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

not too much in the video you couldn't get from standing off property with a camera and a decent zoom.

I know for my work, that's the litmus test. If it is observable from outside the property, it isn't sensitive.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I wonder when R1s are delivered by trucks and when by rail:

Rivian R1T R1S Normal Factory Drone Footage - 2/26/22 1646080139269

p.s. Toyota was just hacked and had to shut down because Japanese said something Putin didn't like. You better get your R1 fast ;)

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

not too much in the video you couldn't get from standing off property with a camera and a decent zoom.

I know for my work, that's the litmus test. If it is observable from outside the property, it isn't sensitive.
Sounds like a Ruskie to me!
Rivian R1T R1S Normal Factory Drone Footage - 2/26/22 IMG_20220228_144304

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
The FAA requires drones to remain under 400’ and the operator must have direct line of sight at all times. I doubt that is the case here. Even if it’s for hobby, the drone must be registered with the FAA.

Commercial drone work requires an FAA part 107 licensed pilot, which requires an exam and background check.

Some states have laws that do allow more restrictions over private property, but I don’t know the laws in Illinois.

I think it’s an interesting sneak peek into what’s going on outside of the factory. I doubt Rivian gave them permission or this flight was completed within line of sight.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Has a Launch Green painted R1S been spotted yet?

Wondering what color that darker tone R1S may be.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

what with all the flashing headlights like the hazards are on?

and still no CY, CR, and probably no Limestone.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Has a Launch Green painted R1S been spotted yet?

Wondering what color that darker tone R1S may be.
Looks like Midnight, but hard to tell...
Sponsored