No Whining - Just Excitement ?

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Figured I'd start a thread of only excitement.

What is the ONE feature or thing you are most looking forward to when you take possession of your R1?

I am most excited to tow our camper with my family. I've plotted out all of the places I want to go and looked at charging locations. I am hopeful that it is everything I have dreamed the last few years.
Sponsored

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
Figured I'd start a thread of only excitement.

What is the ONE feature or thing you are most looking forward to when you take possession of your R1?

I am most excited to tow our camper with my family. I've plotted out all of the places I want to go and looked at charging locations. I am hopeful that it is everything I have dreamed the last few years.
0-60 in 3 sec! Never driven that fast and I can’t wait!

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
0-60 in 3 sec! Never driven that fast and I can’t wait!
And by the way….good thread starter. Hopefully the thread stays on point!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I am most excited about the perceived control when driving an EV. With our Tesla you seem to have so much control with the accelerator that the confidence it inspires is incredible, especially on windy roads.

I plan to replace a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the R1S. I miss that control when I get in the Jeep, when you lift off the accelerator in the jeep, it seems to just freewheel, great for increased mileage but a lot more braking action.

Oh yeah, and that instant torque.....

For those who the R1 will be your first EV experience, you are in for a treat.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Overnight charging

OP
OP
IHScout

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just one? That's not fair.

This will be my first EV. And it will be the most bad-ass EV on the road.
Haha. I could go on and on and on.....but figured one was a good start. I'm happy to read about the things that everyone is looking forward to as it gives me a different perspective though. So, keep em coming.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Have wanted an EV pickup for a number of years now after having a BoltEV since 2017. EVs are the best for nature watching/photography, which is our retirement hobby. Our BoltEV has shown us how great a clean quiet EV is for sneaking up on wildlife, seeing way more than in an ICE vehicle and just enjoying the back-country environment so much more. But, the Bolt can't take on the back roads we'd like to explore, so we've been waiting for a 4X4 EV pickup. The Rivian should be the first one available, we're NOT getting any younger, so that's what we're most excited about...finally getting the PU we've been waiting for, for over 4 years now.

boneil1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
The R1T will be my first EV, so I'm just excited to have an EV and the benefits that come with it.

A feature that really spoke to me, was the 4 motor drive system. Not even sure why, it's not like I will ever rock crawl. But if I wanted to I could.

Also, I'm tired of going to dealerships.

OP
OP
IHScout

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have wanted an EV pickup for a number of years now after having a BoltEV since 2017. EVs are the best for nature watching/photography, which is our retirement hobby. Our BoltEV has shown us how great a clean quiet EV is for sneaking up on wildlife, seeing way more than in an ICE vehicle and just enjoying the back-country environment so much more. But, the Bolt can't take on the back roads we'd like to explore, so we've been waiting for a 4X4 EV pickup. The Rivian should be the first one available, we're NOT getting any younger, so that's what we're most excited about...finally getting the PU we've been waiting for, for over 4 years now.
I love it! I've really come to enjoy photography after we took our family to Yellowstone. I hope that you will share some of your Rivian adventures through photography with us.

Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Zero emissions. We need to break free of gas-guzzlers before the West burns to the ground.

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
I just put my deposit down today. The thing I'm most looking forward to is using the camp stove (which I definitely bought) and rooftop tent (because why not?) to just pick up and go whenever the mood takes me. To see the great American West, set up shop whenever and wherever I feel like it, and only use some electricity to do it? It's going to be a dream come true.

Great thread idea! We need more positivity in the world.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Excited to have a truck again, with no gas station stops! Unless I am thirsty or need a bathroom break.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Gotta be zero emissions. But I’m still driving a manual transmission wagon so I am also really looking forward to a much easier time in traffic with level 2 autonomous features!
Sponsored