First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Lots to be excited about. Love the attention to detail. The seats look great, the natural wood is stunning. A few month ago they mentioned they were benchmarking themselves against the likes of Audi, Range Rover, etc. and the interior shots look just like that. I’m ok to wait a few more months to have an SUV that silently goes from 0-60 in 3s without having to spend $100k+. Including the federal and state tax credit this car will cost the same as a well equipped Audi Q5 or BMW X3. Would I love to see every detail…YES…but I’m ok to wait for Rivian to get it right the first time…not Tesla style with misaligned panels and all kinds of other flaws. I’ll be ready whenever it turns up in my driveway.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I look forward to racing my wife in her Z06! At least I think it might be close.
It won't. Start betting on yourself now.

Edit: ha. The current Z06 is quicker than I thought. It could be close! What year she got?

Last edited:

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

It won't. Start betting on yourself now.

Edit: ha. The current Z06 is quicker than I thought. It could be close! What year she got?
2017, it has 650 HP and 650 ft/lbs of torque, it's fast! GM claims 0-60 in 2.95 and 10.95 quarter mile. I have gotten pretty close to those numbers but haven't hit them.

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
I love the look…especially the R1S, and need a three row for the kids and dogs. Can’t imagine having a vehicle that can go zero to 60 in 3 sec and heavy duty off-roading- really no compromises, and what seems like a “too good to be true” value when compared to other options. Finally, will enjoy being a first adopter in this space and supporting the move to a more sustainable future for future generations

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I love the look…especially the R1S, and need a three row for the kids and dogs. Can’t imagine having a vehicle that can go zero to 60 in 3 sec and heavy duty off-roading- really no compromises, and what seems like a “to good to be true” value when compared to other options. Finally, will enjoy being a first adopter in this space and supporting the move to a more sustainable future for future generations
This almost perfectly sums up my thoughts.

I'll add one more though. I'm incredibly excited about the suspension. The fully hydraulic active damping system should be amazing, and adjustable from comfort to firm for tighter handling.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I look forward to racing my wife in her Z06! At least I think it mi"""ght be close.
You'd be very wise to let her not lose.....by too much.....?

By the way, why does everybody say "Happy wife, happy life", but I never hear anyone say "Happy spouse, happy house"?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Lots of things but the #1 thing for me will be putting some ICE truck loving relatives in the passenger seat and giving the demo and watching them come to grips with it.
Have you thought about what might happen if they shoud "lose their grip"? You might want to Scotchgard your seats beforehand, just in case the "Ocean" in your Ocean Coast interior turns out to be the Yellow Sea....

In other words, "Keep the Pleasure in your Pleather, by keeping out the 'Weather'!"

You can thank me later. ?

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
The R1T is the vehicle I have dreamt about for 25 years. I have wanted a pickup truck for that long, but my wife (correctly) pointed out that the amount of money spent on fuel for our lifestyle (20-25k mi/yr) would be insane. I have wanted a car that actually goes when I hit the accelerator, rather than just saying, “Hmm. Maybe.” EVs have also been a long-running dream, but until now couldn’t do what we needed them to. We also need something to tow all our (non-motorized) toys. To top it off, my wife and I hate (sorry) boring car colors. We talk about it all the time. We are finally In a place to buy a car with flavor. So the Compass Yellow R1T is the vehicle we have wanted all our lives, but didn’t realize it until 2019. Huzzah to all you fellow future Rivian owners and all our grand adventures.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Lots of things but the #1 thing for me will be putting some ICE truck loving relatives in the passenger seat and giving the demo and watching them come to grips with it.
THIS ONE.

I have a relative that has been known to get mad while passing a Tesla on the freeway because they have “no torque.”

I dunno either.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I'm excited to have a truck again. I'm tired of waiting until my son visits from Seattle with his truck, or having to ask to borrow one. I've been thinking of projects that I'll be able to do, once I get a truck.

BUT not just any truck. It has to be electric. The R1T checks all the boxes for me. Most of all, it's fast.

I have a relative that has been known to get mad while passing a Tesla on the freeway because they have “no torque.”

I dunno either.
That's just silly.

Sponsored

LoneI2anger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
The R1T will be my first EV, so I'm just excited to have an EV and the benefits that come with it.

A feature that really spoke to me, was the 4 motor drive system. Not even sure why, it's not like I will ever rock crawl. But if I wanted to I could.

Also, I'm tired of going to dealerships.
this... im so tired of this exactly. tired of renegotiating new leases and dealing with the upselling of items especially during maintenance... no I do not need a brake fluid change on my very first service wtf!?

so just excited for the overall benefits of an EV but especially first one ive seen that caters perfectly for my road trips and adventures

Kunzene

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Clubs

I’m excited to own my first EV. I’m excited to power it using solar panels on my property.

I look forward to replacing two older vehicles, a Prius and a Sequoia, with an R1T which will combine the benefits of each for my needs. Also, it will be by far the nicest vehicle I’ve owned.

I’m excited about the first trips I’ll take in it camping, canoeing, hunting, and fishing with my family and friends.

I’m looking forward to cutting firewood with my battery chainsaw and then recharging it from the truck battery.

Reading this thread makes me even more excited.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Looking forward to replacing my 17 year old Tacoma and being an all-EV family and taking this thing on a few adventures. Camp mode on the Tesla is pretty epic; cheating, I’ll grant you, but awesome. Excited for all of us.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I am excited to upgrade from my Subaru Baja Turbo. It has been spectacular since 2006 but the R1T will be even better. I had a preview of the EV world when I switched my dirtbike from a KTM to my Alta EXR, and then again with my small dual sport bike to another Alta EXR. I have had them three years and still love them and much prefer them over the ICE dirtbikes for lack of noise, the great performance, and control. What is really neat is that I will be able to charge my Alta in the bed of the Rivian before/after a ride. What sold me in the first place is that I could HEAR the traction level in nasty terrain. No noise is really outstanding and with the performance the R1T offers, it is just the icing on the cake.
Sponsored

Last edited: