Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

I had a small S10 in college. Loved it. I have been wanting another pickup for a long time (20 years) but just didn’t want to buy a gas guzzler; nothing on the market seemed to fit the bill. The R1T is as cool off a truck as I could’ve envisioned. I’m already mapping out road trips to Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire, planning charges and hikes along the way.
Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

I've been patiently waiting to purchase an SUV for the last 6 years.

Rivian stole my heart.

I want it all.

I don't even need it.

I REALLY WANT IT BAD!!

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I had a small S10 in college. Loved it. I have been wanting another pickup for a long time (20 years) but just didn’t want to buy a gas guzzler; nothing on the market seemed to fit the bill. The R1T is as cool off a truck as I could’ve envisioned. I’m already mapping out road trips to Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire, planning charges and hikes along the way.
My man! I drove an S10 from the time I was 16 until my mid 20s. Loved that truck. Have had a few other vehicles since, and finally went electric with a Tesla and can’t go back to ICE. I’ve been wanting to get back into a truck forever, and the R1T checks all the boxes for me. So now in my 40s I’ll finally get back into a truck but I get to stay electric. Looking forward to it.

Party Mode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla x2
Occupation
Sales
We took the EV plunge in 2016 and bought my wife her model S Brand new! Awesome purchasing experience, totally unique vs the life long dealership one. It has been an enlightening experience in every way! How great it looks, how fast it is, how much less it cost to run, virtually no maintenance! It was So awesome that I bought a used 2014 model S just 6 months later for myself! We are all about electric ownership. I am not a tree hugger guy, but the difference in owning a electric vehicle vs ICE is no comparison, IMHO! And it has made me passionate about it.

Fast forward 4 years to now, and my wife says a few weeks ago “ we really need a truck“. She is right we do! Lots of gardening, Home Depot runs for this or that!
TheRivIan R1T will replace my 2014 tesla. Which has been the best car I have ever owned! 113k on the odometer, I have had no issues other than misc small stuff! Tesla service has been great in KC.

Rivian reminds of Tesla in the early start up days and I hope this experience will be the same or even better! There are serveral good EV truck options on the market in the near future, but the Rivian appeals the most tome personally.

I can’t wait! It’s been 20years since I have owned a truck! that is my one thing I am most excited for.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I had a small S10 in college. Loved it.
My man! I drove an S10 from the time I was 16 until my mid 20s.
Me too, S10 was my college ride when I wasn't on my motorcycle. Single cab with X series 4.3L V6 & 5 speed, single JL 10" subwoofer behind the passenger seat that made tall people uncomfortable...incredible & fun little truck (when the roads were dry).

Sponsored

Electric619

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Business Analyst
I love trucks and I used to own a 2017 Toyota Tundra. I always wanted to go electric, but just never pulled the trigger. I finally ended buying a Tesla Model 3 dual motor. Going from a Tundra to a dual motor Model 3 was so fun! The torque was insane! Like sink you in to your seat torque. I really missed my truck though. Now that I found the Rivian it seems like the best of both worlds!

This thread is about one thing I like about the Rivian though, so here it is. Being 6’2” getting in and out of the Model 3 is a work out! So I’m going to enjoy getting in and out of the Rivian and not have to break my back or get a leg work out every time!
It’s the little things that do it for me. Plus it’s actually faster than my Model 3!

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

Me too, S10 was my college ride when I wasn't on my motorcycle. Single cab with X series 4.3L V6 & 5 speed, single JL 10" subwoofer behind the passenger seat that made tall people uncomfortable...incredible & fun little truck (when the roads were dry).

5 speed - check

V6 - Check

JL Subwoofer - Check

This guy bangs!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
5 speed - check

V6 - Check

JL Subwoofer - Check

This guy bangs!
heh.

I had a S10 V6 with a JL sub, but I had the 4L60E automatic transmission. :-/. 4x4 though, if that makes up for anything.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

heh.

I had a S10 V6 with a JL sub, but I had the 4L60E automatic transmission. :-/. 4x4 though, if that makes up for anything.

Every in this thread bangs!

This is the way!

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
My man! I drove an S10 from the time I was 16 until my mid 20s. Loved that truck. Have had a few other vehicles since, and finally went electric with a Tesla and can’t go back to ICE. I’ve been wanting to get back into a truck forever, and the R1T checks all the boxes for me. So now in my 40s I’ll finally get back into a truck but I get to stay electric. Looking forward to it.
I almost purchased one of the S10 electric conversion trucks years ago just didn't have the $ there are many of us been waiting for a REAL EV TRUCK

Last edited:

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
My number 1 thing now would have to be Self Driving
I just did a Record Time from Denver to Phoenix in a new Subaru if you have not experienced self driving go test drive a Subaru for fun
My last drive was the most relaxing drive ever
I saw things I have never noticed before on a drive I have done so many times
When I was done with the long drive I didn't feel completely wiped out

But so many happy things to come
Good Thread!
Sponsored