Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Seriously Rivian, what's the hold up?

Maybe they contracted with RegUSA to do all of the applications with the utilities. :) It took me almost 3 months to get a simple interconnection approval when my solar was installed. My money is the delay has everything to do with red tape of the utilities and local governments and little to do with Rivian.
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG
OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Any updates?
I haven't been up to the area since my last update. Still shows coming soon on Rivian's website, they've been pretty quick to update there when other stations opened up.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Any updates?
I spoke to Service in Plymouth, MI this week and asked about that - again. She said there are many folks in the Plymouth SC that are very eager to use it as soon as it opens but they have no knowledge (or at least none to share) about the status of getting it operational. So, I guess you could say it is coming... SOON!

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Still nothing!
Rivian R1T R1S Finally RAN Grayling is ONLINE! PXL_20230109_035505046.NIGHT

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I can't imagine what the holdup is after so long. Now I'm just hoping they get it online by spring.

So much for using the RAN for free charging during my free Membership period...

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I can't imagine what the holdup is after so long. Now I'm just hoping they get it online by spring.

So much for using the RAN for free charging during my free Membership period...
Yeah I was really surprised. I also stopped at the station in the saginaw area and it looks like the same deal. No real work being done there for a long time either.

We've been thinking about getting a travel trailer, but it's totally going to be a hassle to go anywhere more than 100 miles from home if the RAN stations aren't up and running. The EA in Bay City has two of the four stations down and the other two were running really slow. Can probably hook up to one of the chargers there being parked in the aisleway, but it topped out at 90kW before I switched back to the 350, which peaked at 128 but spent most of the time just over 100kW.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
...The EA in Bay City has two of the four stations down and the other two were running really slow. Can probably hook up to one of the chargers there being parked in the aisleway, but it topped out at 90kW before I switched back to the 350, which peaked at 128 but spent most of the time just over 100kW.
I've charged here 9 or 10 times and have had pretty good luck. Only had to change to a different tower once and saw the 150kW unit next to me was not operational another time. I'll be pulling a car trailer down/back to SE MI in early spring and had already figured I would just park perpendicular, if possible, to avoid unhitching. The Cadillac EA is better designed for a trailer.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've charged here 9 or 10 times and have had pretty good luck. Only had to change to a different tower once and saw the 150kW unit next to me was not operational another time. I'll be pulling a car trailer down/back to SE MI in early spring and had already figured I would just park perpendicular, if possible, to avoid unhitching. The Cadillac EA is better designed for a trailer.
How recently? This is on the display of both 350kW stations and one of them was down completely.
Rivian R1T R1S Finally RAN Grayling is ONLINE! 1673275248962

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
How recently? This is on the display of both 350kW stations and one of them was down completely.
Last time was late October.

Sponsored

Kheires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X3M Comp, Travato 59K
Yeah I was really surprised. I also stopped at the station in the saginaw area and it looks like the same deal. No real work being done there for a long time either.

We've been thinking about getting a travel trailer, but it's totally going to be a hassle to go anywhere more than 100 miles from home if the RAN stations aren't up and running. The EA in Bay City has two of the four stations down and the other two were running really slow. Can probably hook up to one of the chargers there being parked in the aisleway, but it topped out at 90kW before I switched back to the 350, which peaked at 128 but spent most of the time just over 100kW.
ugh, super frustrating. planning to take multiple trips up this winter in the coming weekends to the TC area, and was hoping to be able to utilize them at some point. Will stop and update this thread in 2 weeks when I head up.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Where is the Saginaw site?

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN

fastwheels

First Name