Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
My silver R1T was one of the trucks that had pretty bad tiger striping on the hood. Finally received it back from service yesterday and it looks perfect! Have to wait 2 weeks now to have the hood re wrapped (hence no hood emblem - and why the rest of the truck is matte). Rivian also replaced the rear window which had some weird scratches and paint splotches. Hopefully I can just enjoy the crap out of it now! Kudos to Rivian service. It took a while, but they made everything right!

Rivian R1T R1S No More Tiger Stripes on Paint -- fixed by Rivian Service along with Rivian also rear window replacement IMG_6223
Rivian R1T R1S No More Tiger Stripes on Paint -- fixed by Rivian Service along with Rivian also rear window replacement IMG_6237
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Very nice! Glad it was taken care of for you.

OP
OP
harkco

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks Dave! Looks like your wait is almost over?

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

I hope they'll have this issue resolve in the factory before i get mine 🙏

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I hope they'll have this issue resolve in the factory before i get mine 🙏
Check on newer VINS. This one on autotrader is #3124 and has them still.

Rivian R1T R1S No More Tiger Stripes on Paint -- fixed by Rivian Service along with Rivian also rear window replacement 220E8CCF-51D9-4435-992D-183E06165007

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

My silver R1T was one of the trucks that had pretty bad tiger striping on the hood. Finally received it back from service yesterday and it looks perfect! Have to wait 2 weeks now to have the hood re wrapped (hence no hood emblem - and why the rest of the truck is matte). Rivian also replaced the rear window which had some weird scratches and paint splotches. Hopefully I can just enjoy the crap out of it now! Kudos to Rivian service. It took a while, but they made everything right!

IMG_6223.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
did they explain what they did to get the stripes out?

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

IMG_6223.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
I'm assuming that Rivian is well aware of the LA Silver paint issues at this point. Did you by chance hear anything from them on whether they are working on fixing this at the factory yet? I haven't seen many reports of people taking delivery on LA Silver trucks recently, so wondering if perhaps this is still an issue that is now delaying delivery.

OP
OP
harkco

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
did they explain what they did to get the stripes out?
They repainted the entire hood. No other option. They are in the clear coat.

OP
OP
harkco

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm assuming that Rivian is well aware of the LA Silver paint issues at this point. Did you by chance hear anything from them on whether they are working on fixing this at the factory yet? I haven't seen many reports of people taking delivery on LA Silver trucks recently, so wondering if perhaps this is still an issue that is now delaying delivery.
Not sure. I'm still seeing them on some silver R1Ts on Facebook. Also saw a Gray one as well. The lighting has to be just right to spot it. I honestly would have never known if Dave did not report his on here. I'm sure they will get it worked out, but I don't know if that has happened yet.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Not sure. I'm still seeing them on some silver R1Ts on Facebook. Also saw a Gray one as well. The lighting has to be just right to spot it. I honestly would have never known if Dave did not report his on here. I'm sure they will get it worked out, but I don't know if that has happened yet.
Rivian R1T R1S No More Tiger Stripes on Paint -- fixed by Rivian Service along with Rivian also rear window replacement 1654281788528

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I’ve got some striping effect on the hood of my launch green R1T. It’s only visible in direct sunlight and almost looks like a buffer was run across it in a zigzag but not overlapping pattern. You really have to look for it to see it, but I’m gonna ask the service guys about it when it’s in for a couple of other minor f&f issue week after next.

You can sort of see it in this pic.

Rivian R1T R1S No More Tiger Stripes on Paint -- fixed by Rivian Service along with Rivian also rear window replacement 1654285390057

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Rolling in solidarity with DaveA and harkco.

Rivian R1T R1S No More Tiger Stripes on Paint -- fixed by Rivian Service along with Rivian also rear window replacement 8B261C34-344B-465B-A5E3-DBBA612FF327

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I’ve got some striping effect on the hood of my launch green R1T. It’s only visible in direct sunlight and almost looks like a buffer was run across it in a zigzag but not overlapping pattern. You really have to look for it to see it, but I’m gonna ask the service guys about it when it’s in for a couple of other minor f&f issue week after next.

You can sort of see it in this pic.

1654285390057.jpeg
Yikes 😱
Sponsored