OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
It's not too bad on the Bolt. Sucks on the Rivian. My preferred place to put bikes in the winter time though, since the road grime and salt just destroy bike components. I've been keeping my fat bike over the bed in the Rivian but it seems to pick up more road salt than I expected.

To answer the OP though, the camp speaker is about the only thing my R1T has that I'd be fine with being decontented to save money. Maybe have the bed carriers changed to stake pockets, but I kinda like the Rivian way.

Oh, and the chiliwich mats, which are probably never going back in.
I put bikes on the roof of my Model 3 and was super easy with my gravel bike. With my full suspension mountain bike, I was always just a little nervous it would get away from me and fall onto the glass roof. The higher bottom bracket and weight for someone who is 5'8" was enough for me to prefer using a step stool for that.

Then there's always the fear of going under something with low clearance.
Sponsored

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
I think there is no better value in the vehicle world than the Bolt EUV.
Especially since the $7,500 federal tax incentive is back for now!

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I honestly would have been ALL OVER a truck with a lot fewer amenities. Something like a safer electric version of my 1985 Toyota 4x4 with a gear tunnel. BOOM!

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
I honestly would have been ALL OVER a truck with a lot fewer amenities. Something like a safer electric version of my 1985 Toyota 4x4 with a gear tunnel. BOOM!
I think the same thing when I get into my ‘06 Jeep LJ - If I could electrify it for the price/range of an S I would.

Sponsored

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Could we delete Alexa?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
They could even leave the existing electric lock hardware in the void and include the same anchor point at the back of the drawer. No need for the owner to keep a physical key for the storage when everything else is keyless. Leave the existing speaker locking behavior and/or add on-screen PIN to lock and unlock.
I totally forgot there is a lock already. Duh. Yeah just use the existing mechanism and programming

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Of all the things on this list the adjustable suspension is what attracted me to the R1 in the first place. It allows off-road use without compromising day to day livability. Hopping in and out of a lifted vehicle is just a PITA, so being able to lower it for daily use is a very nice feature. After dealing with unventilated vinyl seats in my 4Runner, that's non-negotiable in the R1.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
It's funny to answer the wireless charging pad question. It's an extremely important feature and I will be paying extra for it, because the stock one apparently doesn't work and I'll need to replace the OEM version with a working one.

May wait a few months for even more refined designs to come out.

Has Rivian even addressed the charging pad issues publicly?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's funny to answer the wireless charging pad question. It's an extremely important feature and I will be paying extra for it, because the stock one apparently doesn't work and I'll need to replace the OEM version with a working one.

May wait a few months for even more refined designs to come out.

Charging pad works just fine with any of my android phones, even the pixel 7 pro with the camera bump. Seems like it's primarily iphone users that say it's useless. Says more about Apple than anything else IMO. Sure, the phone slides around a bit, but it always lands somewhere that it can still charge.

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
There was chatter about folks at Rivian knowing that it's a problem and redesigning it, but nothing pubically.

Charging pad works just fine with any of my android phones, even the pixel 7 pro with the camera bump. Seems like it's primarily iphone users that say it's useless. Says more about Apple than anything else IMO. Sure, the phone slides around a bit, but it always lands somewhere that it can still charge.
Mine does not work consistently with my Pixel 7 or my Galaxy Fold and it's useless with any sort of vehicle movement. I recently had to put it back in as I was working on a next generation of pad replacement. I quickly discovered it's as bad as always.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Well, I'm locked into the iOS ecosystem, unfortunately for these purposes.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Seems like some people with your phone are also having a bad experience. Seems to say more about the general design and robustness than anything else.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T