Sponsored

No Driver+ mapping on 5 Freeway through Sacramento???

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

How in the heck is Driver+ not mapped for one of the busiest freeways through our California state capital of Sacramento??

Was enjoying using it on the wide open roads from L.A. till somewhere past Bakersfield, when it all of a sudden, no longer was available the rest of the way to Sacramento and beyond. Was quite surprised. It's a very easy, mostly straight road through unpopulated areas, but is the main highway/freeway from L.A. to Sacramento. Just don't know how it could have been left off of their list of mapped roads thus far?? Would have figured this would have been one of the first ones to be mapped.

EDIT 10/02/2022: From the posts below, apparently Rivian's Driver+ is online based too as many people apparently had issues as well, all over the place. I made the return trip today and it worked most of the way back, so apparently was some online issue rather than the road not being mapped. Unless they mapped just the southbound lanes of the 5 freeway and not the northbound lanes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
How in the heck is Driver+ not mapped for one of the busiest freeways through our California state capital of Sacramento??

Was enjoying using it on the wide open roads from L.A. till somewhere past Bakersfield, when it all of a sudden, no longer was available the rest of the way to Sacramento and beyond. Was quite surprised. It's a very easy, mostly straight road through unpopulated areas, but is the main highway/freeway from L.A. to Sacramento. Just don't know how it could have been left off of their list of mapped roads thus far?? Would have figured this would have been one of the first ones to be mapped,
That's a surprise. There were a lot of Rivian sitings on the 5 when they were testing the r1t. Maybe it's an issue with your truck. I haven't driven on the 5 that far yet.

Last edited:

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Im not sure of how Rivian maps things however, that stretch of highway 5 just south of Sac from Elk Grove through downtown was paved in the last 6 months. They are also rebuilding 50 through downtown and lanes are changing on a constant basis.

this may have been a choice to not map this area as it’s well under construction.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I’m not sure if there’s an issue, yesterday I had multiple stretches of road where I had used Driver+ before, but yesterday they were unavailable.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
There’s a big stretch of I-40 west of Little Rock that’s also not mapped. Very frustrating.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I haven't been up here in a while. There was a good section where the asphalt was fresh, so I guess that could be why it wasn't mapped. Probably under construction when they did. their mapping runs. There's one relatively small section still under construction, maybe a 3 mile stretch, but otherwise, appears to be complete. So, maybe they'll map it soon. Was just really surprised that type of road was unavailable.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Watched Tesla AI day presentation last night where it talked about the complexity of mapping and making split second decisions for FSD. Cool stuff. Rivian will never match their technology. It’s so deeply entrenched in new language coding. Nothing off the shelf can provide that currently.

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
D+ for sure was not working around atlanta yesterday afternoon nor last night. I was assuming something was wrong on my end. I drive that stretch all the time and this was the first time I've ever had it not be available on I-85.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
This feature sounds dumb. Why can’t it sort it out?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Most likely just an issue affecting the availability. My truck will work once and then not work due to wheel alignment issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Does it communicate via LTE while it's active? possibly something was down in their system as it appears a few people have had similar issues?? I don't know. Just a guess.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Watched Tesla AI day presentation last night where it talked about the complexity of mapping and making split second decisions for FSD. Cool stuff. Rivian will never match their technology. It’s so deeply entrenched in new language coding. Nothing off the shelf can provide that currently.
Never is a very long time in the tech world.......

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Driver+ worked on the way home. So, unless they mapped the southbound lanes and not the northbound lanes, appears that it was some type of online related issue.

Last edited:

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Most likely just an issue affecting the availability. My truck will work once and then not work due to wheel alignment issues.
Same here. Service set up for this week. 3rd time in for alignment.
Sponsored