2022 R1T
Have one on order!
Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
The funny part about that is injection molding is cheaper than 3D printing as a manufacturing technique if you order a high enough volume. Last I was doing custom physical parts ordering the breaking point was in the hundreds of units... not enormous numbers.
And they could even use soft-tooling if they wanted to limit the production run and reduce tooling cost. I don't like the 3D printed look, and will wait for something more refined.

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
I have the same Snap Plate on my Tesla Model S... great products and great company.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I took pictures of the 360 view with and without snap plate.

the top photo is with the plate the lower without for me doesn't make that much of a difference.
If you're that close to something you're probably hitting it already as the image distortion makes it difficult to determine the exact corner edge for precision.

20220510_190845_resized.jpg

20220510_190921_resized.jpg
This is disappointing. They had said it doesn't block the camera, but that's a fairly large difference. I received mine in the mail today, but have a feeling I'll return it and look for a vinyl play or something.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
This is disappointing. They had said it doesn't block the camera, but that's a fairly large difference. I received mine in the mail today, but have a feeling I'll return it and look for a vinyl play or something.
I don't believe WA allows for alternative plates like some other locations. The RCW is pretty vague, but I've not seen anyone with a non-standard front plate.

Sponsored

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
I don't believe WA allows for alternative plates like some other locations. The RCW is pretty vague, but I've not seen anyone with a non-standard front plate.
This is not a Non Standard plate, it is a plate mounting system (the frame you mount your standard WA plate to). No issues using these in WA or any other state…

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
This is not a Non Standard plate, it is a plate mounting system (the frame you mount your standard WA plate to). No issues using these in WA or any other state…
You are right. I was commenting on another comment about vinyl plates.

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
You are right. I was commenting on another comment about vinyl plates.
Yep, sorry I misread that.

I would rather have the "snap on" then the vinyl stick on plate anyway. I also think WA is trying to pass some law saying that you cant get pulled over for minor things like plates. That would be nice, as I dont run the front plate on my Model S, I just have the snap on for when I have to park in the city as the meter maids are stickers for that.

J__Fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
I took pictures of the 360 view with and without snap plate.

the top photo is with the plate the lower without for me doesn't make that much of a difference.
If you're that close to something you're probably hitting it already as the image distortion makes it difficult to determine the exact corner edge for precision.

Rivian R1T R1S No Drill License Plate - Snap Plate by EveryAmp 20220510_190845_resized-
This is an interesting option. I wonder if the regular drill mount impacts the camera just the same. If so, maybe the new vinyl choice might be the better option.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
I'm all in for people making businesses out of 3D printing, but I don't get the price point of $110. If it was some kind of exotic material such as a PC blend then yep $110 makes sense, but looking online its PETG which is dirt cheap. Photos online show its all printed on a single build plate too so no extra time required in changing over build plates.

All those holes from the layer changes scattered around would drive me crazy. No way I could install that on my Rivian. Why not hide the seams out of sight so it looks more professional?

I may be wrong here but looks like the screws screw directly into plastic. Never been a fan of this technique. Why not use heat set inserts? Again would make it look much more professional and higher quality.

When I finally have a Rivian delivered I might have a play to see what I can put together. Something that includes the points I made above, plus as minimal interference as possible with the camera. Sounds a fun weekend project :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
ADVNOW

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

with it installed and the license plate you don't see the seams the layering can be sanded down for a smoother finish if necessary. the purpose is to make it quickly and easily removable so its not an item I leave on the truck only when I park in the areas I know are going to be an issue I.E. meter maid.

the latching mechanism is spring loaded so there is more to it than just 3d printing.

That's the only time I've had issues with my other vehicles not have a front plate other than that no one cares.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
sanded down for a smoother finish if necessary
That’s way harder and time consuming than it sounds to get right (been there, done that, never want to have to do it again lol).

Instead of PETG, printing it in ASA along with an acetone wash would still have all the same strength/heat/uv properties and cheap cost of filament but would look nice and smooth too with no layer lines or seams.

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

For those of us in which the State requires a license plate in the front but you don't want to Drill holes into the front of your 75k+ truck.

I just received my Snap Plate. It's super easy to install and you can remove and reinstall whenever you need to. Its Spring loaded to move the clamping piece. It is very snug (which should help to limit vibration) and will have to be worked into place the first couple times.

It doesn't block the Camera and you can't tell its there.
Nicest part If I don't want it on there Just push the actuator to the left and off it goes.

VideoCapture_20220510-153207.jpg
VideoCapture_20220510-153217.jpg
VideoCapture_20220510-153301.jpg
VideoCapture_20220510-153334.jpg
VideoCapture_20220510-153341.jpg
20220507_073147.jpg
This came with the screws right? black and silver...

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This is an interesting option. I wonder if the regular drill mount impacts the camera just the same. If so, maybe the new vinyl choice might be the better option.
Here is the included mount. Looks clean IMO but I specifically asked the service tech if it was going to impact the camera, he said it wouldn’t but it clearly does.

Rivian R1T R1S No Drill License Plate - Snap Plate by EveryAmp FA53109C-D54F-43B0-B7E8-1203E20D948C

Rivian R1T R1S No Drill License Plate - Snap Plate by EveryAmp DD1AA375-F263-469D-B8EB-5A59AC7FB7AD
Sponsored