EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
There she goes....
I'm sorry this happened, but thank you for this super helpful video.

Looking at this frame, I can clearly see that all three of the rotating latches are intact, but turned about 45 degrees as if the release button is pressed halfway. It looks like the release button is also partially slid over, so that would make sense with the latch position.

Rivian R1T R1S No Drill License Plate - Snap Plate by EveryAmp Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 1.08.07 PM

My best guess of what happened here is that it just wasn't fully secured to the grille the last time it was installed. Apparently the button was slid far enough for the security screw to reach, but not for the latches to fully rotate into position. It's possible that the latch depth was adjusted a bit tight for your grille and that made it feel like the button was pressed fully, when it really wasn't.

We added screenshots to our instruction page to check for this and a procedure for how to adjust that latch depth if needed, but that wasn't until we released the Gen2 SnapPlate version, so it's not your fault that you didn't see it: https://everyamp.com/instructions/instructions-snapplate-rivian-r1ts-2022/

If you're willing to give us another chance, please reach out to us with your order number and we'll send you a code for the Gen2 design.
Sponsored