No Configurator for New Reservations

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
It appears Rivian has rolled out a site update. You can no longer configure a new reservation for any R1 vehicle. You can reserve, but configuration will come later. No pricing locked in.

Rivian R1T R1S No Configurator for New Reservations CA04486C-8CD5-410B-A536-879C1ECA0D8A
Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I made one at 10:40 am Eastern today so the system changed soon afterwards. My config and pricing shows active.

Snazzy Labs

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Genesis GV80, Coda EV
Occupation
YouTuber
Probably a good move. If you click "Visualize an R1x" it takes you to the old configurator, but not without a big 'ol disclosure that the prices seen currently might not be current when it comes to your order time.

Rivian R1T R1S No Configurator for New Reservations Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 1.55.22 PM

OP
OP
virgnia_rivian

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I made one at 10:40 am Eastern today so the system changed soon afterwards. My config and pricing shows active.
It looks like this happened in the past hour or so.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Rivian R1T R1S No Configurator for New Reservations Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 2.51.37 PM

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Earlier today, we made a change to how new Rivian customers will reserve vehicles. As an existing preorder holder, this change doesn’t affect you, but we thought you’d like to hear about it directly from us.

New customers will make a reservation for an R1T or R1S without configuring or saving the exact vehicle they intend to take delivery of. These new customers will still be able to browse through options on our website, but the ability to configure and save a specific build won’t happen until closer to their individual delivery dates. This change will ensure when customers are invited to configure their build, they are choosing from the colors, features, packages and pricing we are offering at that time. With how many preorders we have today, we want to make sure we’re managing expectations as best as possible given a reservation placed today likely won’t see delivery until late 2023 or after.

The launch of this reservation system does not affect your current order, and you'll still see your same configuration in your Account Page. No changes are being made to your pricing, and no action is required from your end.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

It appears Rivian has rolled out a site update. You can no longer configure a new reservation for any R1 vehicle. You can reserve, but configuration will come later. No pricing locked in.

CA04486C-8CD5-410B-A536-879C1ECA0D8A.jpeg
Committing to pricing, colors, and wheel styles years in the future seems like a recipe for customer disappointment.

The part I made bold makes a lot of sense to me from a business perspective.

Of course there can be other factors, too. By the time some people get to lock in their configs it could be that there is no more Forest Green but there is a new Sage Green, there is no more Ocean Coast but there is a new Paddock Tan, and so on.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad