First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
MD
Am I looking at this correctly? When I select launch edition, you cannot choose the black wheel 22' sport edition. Is this correct?
Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
Am I looking at this correctly? When I select launch edition, you cannot choose the black wheel 22' sport edition. Is this correct?
Yes. That seems to be the case.

jdhiker23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Yes, thatā€™s the way it looks right now. Hoping it will change with customer feedback (hint hint - if enough of us speak up to customer service they will listen). I want the 20ā€ rims (either standard or black) from the R1T on my R1S LE, and I canā€™t think of any reason why they canā€™t swap them out. Itā€™s possible (but seems unlikely) they wonā€™t have the black wheels in time for the Launch Edition or it would add complexity they donā€™t want to manage, but my guess is they ran out of time doing all the possible color/wheel combo renders in the configurator, and will get to it over time.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
As stated in another thread I will change to all black on the LE given the chance.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
In a heartbeat! Specially in the 20s R1S. Anything to hide those wheels
I love the design of the 20s on the R1S, It's actually my favorite style. However, I do want black & hope they make it an available option. If not, the wheels will be making an early trip to my local powder coat shop.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Kind of wish LE gave you a discount on the 21" as those are standard on other models. I'd pay the difference for black but not the full amount.

mpbaker2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328i xDrive Sport Wagon
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

I had a live chat session with J.R. from Rivian on this topic just now. (First of all, I must say the chat experience was great, good on them!)

Here's what I learned:
- black tires will not be available on the LE. This is to streamline production and ensure that the Launch Edition can get to folks as quickly as possible
- They do hope to offer standalone options to purchase wheel sets separately however they don't have official word on when that may be at this time
- Mentioned that it's relatively inexpensive to get wheels powder coated as an option for LE purchasers, as many of you have pointed out
- I also asked about test rides and if we'd be able to test ride different tire options - they had plans for various options pre-C19, but currently monitoring the guidelines and situation in general to determine when we can offer these experiences. It remains to be seen how things play out before they can make firm plans
Sponsored