Nitto Ridge Grappler on 22" R1S

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
It turns out that while I am an unabashed carnivore, she was a man-hating psychopath with Turrets.
I’m just now realizing you may have meant Tourette’s syndrome. I’d originally thought you were referring to a physical attribute of your date (even if artificial). I’m going to stick with my original reading — it’s funnier and may explain the 10 to 12 additional dates.
Sponsored

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Bumping this...

I have an LE R1S reserved at this point, and I preferred the look of the R1T 20" wheel and currently have them equipped. However to spend $1800 on a 20, when I can get 22's for "free" seems silly. So I was also exploring the ideas of a more aggressive tire. I live in Utah and ski 40+ days a year. We often have traction enforcement requiring 4wd/awd/3 peak rated tires, or chains to get up the canyons. Additionally from a style perspective I do like the look. The Nittos are not "3- peak" rated however.

From the tire manufacturers:

The OEM 275/65/20 All terrain Scorpions are 34.1" H X 11" W
The OEM 275/50/22 Scorpion Verdes are 32.9" H X 11.2" W

The 285/50/22 Ridge Grapplers are 33.5" H X 11.69"W

So they are wider, but overall not at high as the OEM 20's. It would be interesting to know where they experienced rubbing on the Rebelle Rally. I am leaning toward giving this a shot when my R1S shows up.