Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Bought a Livewire One today.

Dealer didn't think the rack was solid enough to drive with it on there so they are going to deliver it instead. Will beef up the rack some and give it a go a different day.

Rivian R1T R1S Next stop, Ushuaia? Black Widow Carrier carrying Livewire One Motorcycle PXL_20220518_210106805
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Homemade rack or retail?

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Homemade rack or retail?
Retail. Blackwidow. Rated for 600 lbs, bike is 540 something? It was a bit difficult to even get the bike up there.

I made a hitch for my convertible Camaro that stood up to a 1000 mile trip with a bicycle sticking way up in the back and it held up fine. I'm pretty confident in my welding skills but figured it would be easier to start with a base.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Love this - Hoping you post some more experience and impressions of the Livewire and also the upgraded rack.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Bought a Livewire One today.

Dealer didn't think the rack was solid enough to drive with it on there so they are going to deliver it instead. Will beef up the rack some and give it a go a different day.

PXL_20220518_210106805.jpg
That’s awesome! I was looking into the Del Mar version next year as my max pack will be hopefully delivered by then. Let us know your adventures would love to hear about it!

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Congrats, the LW is so badass, and looks it too. What kind of noise, if any does it put out?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That looks like it blocks your brake lights. You should add lights to the carrier.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Congrats, the LW is so badass, and looks it too. What kind of noise, if any does it put out?
It's pretty quiet. No artificial sounds, just the geartrain sounds.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

That looks like it blocks your brake lights. You should add lights to the carrier.
I think it doesn't block it for anyone who is following at a reasonable distance. The high stop lamp is still very visible.

Sponsored

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

A little embarrassed to admit that it took me a couple of minutes to get the reference to Ushuaia! :like:

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Awesome looking bike. Enjoy!

Pendarin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2020 Zero SR/S
They aren't cheap, but I recommend a Kendon trailer. They're really high quality, IMO. I have this one:
https://www.kendonusa.com/collectio...l-rail-ride-up-srl-folding-motorcycle-trailer

for carting around my Zero SR/S. It worked really well with my Jeep and I expect it'll be just as good with the R1T. The stand-up feature helps them consume minimal (though not nothing, of course) space along a wall in the garage.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

They aren't cheap, but I recommend a Kendon trailer. They're really high quality, IMO. I have this one:
https://www.kendonusa.com/collectio...l-rail-ride-up-srl-folding-motorcycle-trailer

for carting around my Zero SR/S. It worked really well with my Jeep and I expect it'll be just as good with the R1T. The stand-up feature helps them consume minimal (though not nothing, of course) space along a wall in the garage.
That's not a bad thought, but for the few times I'd do it where taking a trailer makes sense, uhaul rentals sure are cheap.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats! The Livewire is a lot of fun, and definitely a unique riding experience. I kept finding myself reaching for the clutch every time I stopped, but I'm sure you get used to it eventually. The artificial vibration when stopped seemed a little strange before I rode, but even that is kind of fun.

Nice you could grab a charge while loading too. I think the Harley chargers around here are only 25 kW though.
Sponsored