Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
From what I've seen and heard here, our expectations as a whole are wildly out of touch with reality and what can reasonably be achieved in the current environment.
current environment - I would hear that phrase not long ago and think it was the 'have patience' excuse for major but temporary interruptions in the operation of civilization. Now the permanence of what's happening has set in for me. For others it may take a while longer...
Sponsored

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
First of all, we are pre-order holders, not customers, and there are hundreds of thousands of us. I believe that Rivian is earnestly trying their best, but they're proven many times over that communication is not their strong suit. At this point, I find it laughable that so many of us expect their communication to dramatically improve and continue to get upset whenever there is a misstep. That said, communication (specifically around delivery timing, which is what almost all of their preorder holders really care about) is particularly challenging in today's supply chain environment, not to mention for a brand new company that is trying to rapidly scale manufacturing and other parts of the business. From what I've seen and heard here, our expectations as a whole are wildly out of touch with reality and what can reasonably be achieved in the current environment.
Our expectations have been set by RIVIAN, time and time again. They are the ones that fail to meet their own deadlines and expectations.

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
Did all R1S LE reservations receive the same update or just the handful of us that never heard anything from the last update?

In other words, are there still a few members on track to take delivery of R1S LE this years?

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Our expectations have been set by RIVIAN, time and time again. They are the ones that fail to meet their own deadlines and expectations.
I only ever saw Rivian communicate "estimates," in terms of delivery windows. If you're forming rigid expectations based on language like that, I'm sorry but I think that's on you.

I get its a pain in the ass, and I'm really not here to shitpost, but my estimated delivery window was OCT-DEC 22, and I got my truck in May-- so from some peoples perspective Rivian's fulfillment expectation inaccuracy cuts in a very different, very pleasant way.

I don't want to tell others how to feel, but surely at this point, knowing everything we know about whats going on in the world, this industry, and Rivian specifically, if you aren't managing your expectations, again I say, "that's on you."

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Did all R1S LE reservations receive the same update or just the handful of us that never heard anything from the last update?

In other words, are there still a few members on track to take delivery of R1S LE this years?
Must have only been the second wave. My new window did not change from a couple of weeks ago.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Must have only been the second wave. My new window did not change from a couple of weeks ago.
Same here, no new email after the 6/11 update.

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
I only ever saw Rivian communicate "estimates," in terms of delivery windows. If you're forming rigid expectations based on language like that, I'm sorry but I think that's on you.

I get its a pain in the ass, and I'm really not here to shitpost, but my estimated delivery window was OCT-DEC 22, and I got my truck in May-- so from some peoples perspective Rivian's fulfillment expectation inaccuracy cuts in a very different, very pleasant way.

I don't want to tell others how to feel, but surely at this point, knowing everything we know about whats going on in the world, this industry, and Rivian specifically, if you aren't managing your expectations, again I say, "that's on you."

I have had several conversations with Customer Service when I was told "they are building your car right now!" You are on track for your May/June delivery. That is rather specific...and that this point bold face lies.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Like @Longhorngirl, I'm happy IF the R1S delay means Rivian will push out as many R1Ts as possible this year. The stock is taking a beating and the only thing that matters to Wall Street is production numbers. So, Rivian, please make 10K EDVs, 14K R1Ts and a thousand R1Ss during this fiscal year.

I say this with a promised delivery in Oct-Dec of this year, now postponed to the "first half of 2023" in spite of a very early preorder, 11/30/2018, and proximity, @60 miles, to the So. San Francisco service center. I'm also an OC interior preorder, but I don't think that makes any difference at all. The first 1000 R1S will go to Rivian employees and close associates. If I'm lucky and still in the queue, I might snag an early 2023 model.
I hate to think what will happen to the stock price if Rivian doesn’t hit the 25k goal. By sticking with building mainly R1Ts, I am optimistic that Rivian will exceed the 25k.

I want to give a shout out to @MNLightning for starting the VIN thread and to everyone who has been replying.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have had several conversations with Customer Service when I was told "they are building your car right now!" You are on track for your May/June delivery. That is rather specific...and that this point bold face lies.
Anyone who is still reaching out to customer service and expecting a modicum of useful information has their head in the sand.

We are in an endless loop where customers demand information regarding delivery timelines, Rivian delivers said information (typically late, based on self-imposed deadlines), the information proves to be wildly off target (how could it not be?), customers get upset and demand revised information and better communication...

We've seen this cycle repeat itself ten times over so if we can't take a step back and manage our own expectations accordingly, that's on us.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
If thats true, I'm sorry that is the interaction you had. That said, its fairly well how the fufillment process works at this point, and that CSS just does not have that kind of visibility over what's going on. This is the first I've heard of a CSS agent telling someone that. I've seen people saying css was saying deliveries were being made, or that they've seen them being built, but not that.

Again, I'm not here to shitpost or tell people what to think, but I will say as someone who placed a reservation for a lightning on day 1. I haven't had a single email from Ford since. Only generic marketing updates; so Rivian did a hell of a lot more than ford did in this regard.

All I know is that when I'm selected for fulfillment, my local dealer is willing to buy me out so they have a stock unit to mark up; and I only know that because I've made the effort to visit a couple times and get to know them. FWIW, they told me ford is telling them, they're basically giving every dealer in the country a couple allotments for the year, he specifically said they'll probably only get 1 or 2.

Sponsored

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Whelp. Got my new delivery window this morning. Pushed from Oct-Dec ‘22 to “first half 2023”. Brutal, but not unexpected. I originally submitted my preorder in Nov ‘20, but didn’t actually configure my R1S until Apr ‘21. And while I’m 98% sure I’ll still wait (the R1x’s seem like truly amazing vehicles), it’s a tough pill to swallow. My current vehicle works great, so I’m impatient out of desire rather than necessity…

Keep the pictures of deliveries coming. It’s all I can do to live vicariously through those that are actually sitting in their new toys.

Rivian R1T R1S Next R1S delivery timeline update email coming July 1 - says customer service BBFDB977-DF5A-4F29-BC60-CD9E7CAF91E0

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Just went from Jun/July 2022 to “1st Half 2023”

email in today…so irritated with their lack of accountability…3 others with the exact config as me, near me, with 2 ordering after me gets Oct-Dec 2022 and I get more ambiguous bs…I just don’t get it. Near 2 service centers too…

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

I have not had an update today and my window remains oct-dec 2022.

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
Just went from Jun/July 2022 to “1st Half 2023”

email in today…so irritated with their lack of accountability…3 others with the exact config as me, near me, with 2 ordering after me gets Oct-Dec 2022 and I get more ambiguous bs…I just don’t get it. Near 2 service centers too…
I feel you!

zigzagzap

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maserati QP, Porsche GTS, BMW X5, R1S
Occupation
Financial
I received an email from Rivian today telling to expect my R1S in the FIRST HALF OF 2023!!!

Rivian R1T R1S Next R1S delivery timeline update email coming July 1 - says customer service 7AD79C98-46ED-4F26-8CD4-D9602B564EF1
Sponsored