First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
Yeah, the only way I can convince myself that this is a good thing is to remind myself that I may not have to deal with as many issues as early R1T owners have experienced.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jac

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Just got my new window...was Oct-Dec 2022, and now 1H of 2023
This email came a day early so I guess Rivian still underpromises and over delivers

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Donā€™t count on tha manufacturing experience; my local ford dealer (owner and business manager) both agree my R1T is better built than their demo lightning.
You own one and I don't so I can't speak from experience, but based on the overall "quality" of the builds I've seen on the various forums I'd say that's debatable. I haven't seen any issues pop up on the Lightning forums.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Just got my new window...was Oct-Dec 2022, and now 1H of 2023
This email came a day early so I guess Rivian still underpromises and over delivers
the original promise was within 2 weeks of June 10. So they missed this promise too plus like 3 others.

Plus, giving everyone left over a 6 month window is a joke and not meaningful.

Board should demand replacing more of management.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Sigh. My updated estimate is first half of 2023. As a consumer, I am disappointed. As a stockholder, I am happy to see that they are going to push out as many R1Ts as possible. I think it was always part of the plan to make as many R1Ts this year. Based on the VINs, it seems like they will hit the 25,000 goal, especially since RJ said that they will be able to ramp up significantly the second half of this year. The part I donā€™t understand is why they didnā€™t just come clean and tell us months ago. This is becoming a recurring pattern of telling us things at the last minute.

Sponsored

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
Just got the email, Ordered Feb 9th, 2021.

Your Adventure package R1S estimated delivery window is the first half of 2023.

Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and current configuration. Hereā€™s why your window has shifted:
  1. Supply chain
    As weā€™ve continued to navigate a tight supply chain, weā€™ve had to reduce complexity wherever possible, including prioritizing certain build combinations over others.
  2. Service Infrastructure
    We continue to prioritize deliveries in locations where service infrastructure is in place so that we can provide the full ownership experience to Rivian owners from day one.
Weā€™re grateful for your continued support and will continue to keep you updated. Your preorder is a vote for finding better ways of doing things on a planet that needs all of us to innovate for the future. If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.
I ordered 12/2018 and have the same update!!! šŸ˜”

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
the original promise was within 2 weeks of June 10. So they missed this promise too plus like 3 others.

Plus, giving everyone left over a 6 month window is a joke and not meaningful.

Board should demand replacing more of management.
I understand the frustration with having to wait much longer for your vehicle and not having a more condensed delivery window to plan around, but anyone who thinks that Rivian could actually supply such a thing in today's business environment with any reasonable degree of certainty has lost their marbles. Mature, well-established companies are struggling to accurately forecast and react to the myriad of supply chain challenges, so to expect Rivian to soar over those same hurdles is rather foolish.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Jan 2021 preorder - bumped to 1st half 2023 like everyone else.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I understand the frustration with having to wait much longer for your vehicle and not having a more condensed delivery window to plan around, but anyone who thinks that Rivian could actually supply such a thing in today's business environment with any reasonable degree of certainty has lost their marbles. Mature, well-established companies are struggling to accurately forecast and react to the myriad of supply chain challenges, so to expect Rivian to soar over those same hurdles is rather foolish.
And with the latest news about COVID Omicron BA.5 being much more transmissible than previous strains, supply chain is probably going to continue to be problematic this fall/winter. šŸ˜ž

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

Signature says it all.....
5/19/21 pre order for R1T. Had a Oct-Dec 2022 delivery window for the T, switched to the R1S and just received 1st delivery window with the S config. 1st half of 2023.

Sponsored

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Like @Longhorngirl, I'm happy IF the R1S delay means Rivian will push out as many R1Ts as possible this year. The stock is taking a beating and the only thing that matters to Wall Street is production numbers. So, Rivian, please make 10K EDVs, 14K R1Ts and a thousand R1Ss during this fiscal year.

I say this with a promised delivery in Oct-Dec of this year, now postponed to the "first half of 2023" in spite of a very early preorder, 11/30/2018, and proximity, @60 miles, to the So. San Francisco service center. I'm also an OC interior preorder, but I don't think that makes any difference at all. The first 1000 R1S will go to Rivian employees and close associates. If I'm lucky and still in the queue, I might snag an early 2023 model.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Ok
I donā€™t think asking a company to be honest or meet its own deadlines is a big ask.

Early June a Rivian email said updates for anyone kicked into 2023 within a week. Then after they missed that they said 2 more weeks.

After missing that 2 week window all they offer is a 6 month window for deliveries. They could have sent that update in early June. The company chose not to meet its own deadline and then offered a nearly useless window.

My anger is more on how customers are treated and the clearly duplicitous comms more than the window.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
First of all, we are pre-order holders, not customers, and there are hundreds of thousands of us. I believe that Rivian is earnestly trying their best, but they're proven many times over that communication is not their strong suit. At this point, I find it laughable that so many of us expect their communication to dramatically improve and continue to get upset whenever there is a misstep. That said, communication (specifically around delivery timing, which is what almost all of their preorder holders really care about) is particularly challenging in today's supply chain environment, not to mention for a brand new company that is trying to rapidly scale manufacturing and other parts of the business. From what I've seen and heard here, our expectations as a whole are wildly out of touch with reality and what can reasonably be achieved in the current environment.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
You own one and I don't so I can't speak from experience, but based on the overall "quality" of the builds I've seen on the various forums I'd say that's debatable. I haven't seen any issues pop up on the Lightning forums.
Just to reiterate, that's what they said, not me. Then they threw swag at me, told me I could their L2 chargers whenever I want, and asked if they could do side by side photo's of the Lightning w/ the R1T for their social media.

I said sure.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Jan '19 pre, still without an update email...was thinking I had early adopter status now must be they don't want we in the group..sniff...
Sponsored