Sponsored

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
How does that indicate the CS rep knows today what batch he is in, or that the update is "We don't have a date for you?"
It implies he’s in the batch getting an update this Friday. Doesn’t matter what the update is if there is a batch getting one and a batch that isn’t. CS can tell who’s in next Friday’s batch if they can tell him he’s getting an update.
Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
My crystal ball prediction is that AUG/SEP delivery windows are going to be the only R1S deliveries that happen this year. All of the others will be pushed to 2023.

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
Reached out to CS and let them know they were in danger of missing their self imposed deadline (again). Was given this info and figured I would share.

Screenshot_20220624-212247_Chrome.jpg

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
Rivian is such a joke! I have a May-June delivery and nothing but crickets. Obviously it is pushed back, but how hard is it to communicate with your customers? I am very close to walking into the Rivian HQ and sitting there until they provide some sort of update.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
My crystal ball prediction is that AUG/SEP delivery windows are going to be the only R1S deliveries that happen this year. All of the others will be pushed to 2023.
That would be unfortunate.

Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
I wouldn’t trust a statement from a Guide, CS or the Communcations team that claimed the sky is blue at this point.
That's because the sky is not blue, it's El Cap gray.

Kidding aside, I'd planned on Mid 2023 when I ordered and it's really looking like I planned better than Rivian.

rivian_panda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Genius, Millionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
Reached out to CS and let them know they were in danger of missing their self imposed deadline (again). Was given this info and figured I would share.

Don't believe a Customer Service Rep... they have not clue... just wing it to make sure you're happy.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

when are we gonna learn to stop talking Rivian word for timelines? come on people, haven't you learned yet? and CS? those are even less reliable than the Tony emails.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think everyone who already got an update, including those with October-December, are good for 2022. Anyone who didn't is going to be pushed to 2023 in the next round.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I think everyone who already got an update, including those with October-December, are good for 2022. Anyone who didn't is going to be pushed to 2023 in the next round.
I was an April-May window with a guide at a time when having a guide meant your build/delivery was queued. Guide was telling me to get insurance quotes. Now I have no window…so that may be me..

If RIVN pushes LE builds well into 2023 they’re gonna have to keep the Launch Green paint on hand ☹

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
My suspicion is next Friday will be when the trove of R1S reviews gets released (media blackout gets removed) and they will use that to announce the minuscule amount of R1 deliveries and then use that to get some reservations.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
My suspicion is next Friday will be when the trove of R1S reviews gets released (media blackout gets removed) and they will use that to announce the minuscule amount of R1 deliveries and then use that to get some reservations.
Somewhere one of the reviewers said embargo lifts on July 6.

I don’t think they want positive reviews matched with bad news the same day. Bury bad news heading into holiday weekend and then have reviews after the holiday.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Somewhere one of the reviewers said embargo lifts on July 6.

I don’t think they want positive reviews matched with bad news the same day. Bury bad news heading into holiday weekend and then have reviews after the holiday.
Ah Ok. Didn't know about July 6th. In that case it makes sense for them to deliver the bad news next week and then release all the reviews to soften the blow.

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Stop drinking Rivian Koolaid. They have their three most trusted employees building our SUV’s. The same ones who were in the Midas muffler commercial years ago taking a nap on the car, while the mgr lies to the customer.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
That makes no sense.
Sponsored