Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
So, they are giving themselves one week to come up with another excuse for not coming up with ETAs.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Friday news dump before a holiday weekend. This won't be pretty.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Are we to infer that all LE reservation holders (with original delivery estimate in 2022) will get a new window next Friday?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Are we to infer that all LE reservation holders (with original delivery estimate in 2022) will get a new window next Friday?
Inferring something from Rivian communications is a dangerous game, but if I were to play it, I would think that 'next batch of estimates' implies there is more than one batch coming and that this is not the last batch.

Sponsored

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Inferring something from Rivian communications is a dangerous game, but if I were to play it, I would think that 'next batch of estimates' implies there is more than one batch coming and that this is not the last batch.
Then should we all reach out to CS to find out if we part of the lucky chosen for the next round of updates? Apparently they have a way of knowing this already.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Then should we all reach out to CS to find out if we part of the lucky chosen for the next round of updates? Apparently they have a way of knowing this already.
IMO you are reading way too much in to it. All the CS person said was the next batch of delivery estimates will be sent next week. What implies that they know who is in what batch?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

The only thing that you can really take away from Rivian communications is that someone or something (AI) can put together a series of random words to make a sentence. Sometimes that sentence makes sense, but rarely has the sentence been accurate.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I'd participate in that if I thought the response would matter. Clearly, their word from less than 2 weeks ago isn't something we can rely on, so if CS told me today about when I would receive an email, how much value is there in that?

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
There is no statement from Rivian that you can trust.

I wouldn’t trust a statement from a Guide, CS or the Communcations team that claimed the sky is blue at this point. They are full of intentional obfuscation at best.

I’d encourage anyone that holds Rivian stock to vote against any Exec compensation package or board member retentions at the first opportunity. It may be symbolic but this company really makes it hard to root for it as currently led.

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I think the update is going to be pushing the R1S back. I think there is a mad scramble to finish as many vehicles as possible, and it is easier to scale up 1 vehicle than 2.

My evidence for this is circumstantially derived from these message boards.

First the obvious: they've pushed back update email to just before a holiday weekend as mentioned above. Not good.

Second, a large number of people (myself included as of today) with October-December windows per the last update are now moving forward with guides / builds. Why would they give so many people distant windows, then start the build process just a few weeks later? Only makes sense if there was a very significant planning change that occurred very recently.

Don't know if there is some weird R1S specific parts shortage, or if they just decided they needed to hit a number? Either way, one of my orders is hopefully headed toward production. I still have an R1S on order, and now I'm at least 3 months farther away than I was a month ago.

As a side note, I asked the Atlanta Service center guy giving me my First Drive today about the R1S. He said no one there had seen one yet. As far as he knows they are truly in production, but who knows when the first R1S will be headed to Georgia?

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
IMO you are reading way too much in to it. All the CS person said was the next batch of delivery estimates will be sent next week. What implies that they know who is in what batch?
The part of the screenshot from CS that says “So, you should receive your update next Friday.”

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
The part of the screenshot from CS that says “So, you should receive your update next Friday.”
How does that indicate the CS rep knows today what batch he is in, or that the update is "We don't have a date for you?"

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Rivian R1T R1S Next R1S delivery timeline update email coming July 1 - says customer service A95D301D-9232-44CC-9AAF-D693F2109FB6
Sponsored