Sponsored

News: Rivian to add 100 jobs, invest $4.6 million for new support center near Detroit

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Are they building a new facility or just adding people to their Plymouth location? I actually drove by that location a few years ago when I was in town for a wedding and it looked pretty nice.

Regardless, if they are brining on customer service reps, onboarding shouldn't be too difficult to train them to say "that's a good question, I can't really answer that right now!"

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I see high-skill and high-wage mentioned, so I'm curious what kind of "call center" this is as those phrases don't typically work together in my experience. Either way, kudos to Rivian for not outsourcing this to India.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I've noticed these job listings while trying to figure out the status of building a service center in this area. More recently they've added some separate Detroit, MI mobile service related positions which should be to benefit the local area, but I still haven't been able to figure out if or where there is going to be a service center.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
" we will add about 15 new hires every other month throughout 2022 to ensure coverage as production ramps up. "

Who wants to take a crack at translating that to a production number? Someone should have already done the speculation/guesswork on how many vehicles/customers can be handled per guide.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I see high-skill and high-wage mentioned, so I'm curious what kind of "call center" this is as those phrases don't typically work together in my experience. Either way, kudos to Rivian for not outsourcing this to India.
Since job postings for service scheduling type stuff seem to all be in Michigan, I’d wager this is service advisor type work.

edit: read the article. That’s exactly what this is. Neat.
Sponsored