First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Not trying to make you feel bad, but I have a co-worker who ordered his R1T in Feb of 2022 and he has been driving it for a month already. I ordered my R1S the last week of October 2021 and I have 2024 as my estimate. I live about 25 miles in two separate directions to service centers.
no worries. Several people here who ordered at the same time or after I did have already received theirs. Some used the shop, and others got their original orders. I was given an Apr-Jun ā€˜23 window so even I donā€™t get mine until March or April I will be thrilled. I think this is what Rivian is trying to do now - give conservative estimates and try to beat them.
Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

The wait sucks for new buyers that want one. The good thing is, prices of "pre-owned" new trucks have come down quite a bit. Many are selling at prices competitive with what a newly ordered truck would cost you.

Also, as a Rivian investor, happy to know that they have enough pre-orders to keep them busy well into 2024. Tesla just slashed prices because their inventory grew significantly. Rivian won't have that problem for at least a couple of years. Basically like having two years of bonus time to improve their process without it costing them.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
My reservation dates to spring of 2020 and my initial delivery estimate was the first half of 2023. That was then changed to [sometime in] 2024 and is now shown simply as "Processing estimate." My takeaway is that the delivery estimates are worth the paper they're printed on.

In the interest of full disclosure, I need to admit that my configuration was the late much lamented QM Max.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

"This guy" would not be impressed.. nor surprised if you did.
At least you're somewhat close to a Canadian population center, so there's some hope of you getting your Rivian before the heat death of the universe, like people in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

At least you're somewhat close to a Canadian population center, so there's some hope of you getting your Rivian before the heat death of the universe, like people in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
Somewhat close. Literally downtown Vancouver about 15kms away from their Richmond SC, and 1km from their software dev office in Yaletown.

On the heat death of the universe, this video was pretty interesting when I saw it a few years ago. Hawking Radiation essentially sealed the universes fate.

Also, Cool Worlds channel on youtube has some pretty fascinating videos. This one was one of the standouts for me.

dehayes35

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, Mercedes GLB250
Occupation
CEO
Honestly this is encouraging. As someone who didnā€™t reserve until late 22 this is perfect not only for time to save financially, but clarification on when I can expect my R1S šŸ˜‚. Itā€™s way better than s00n. Also gives more time for bugs to be worked out and real world numbers on the dual motors to be seen.
And for the charging network to improve! I'm in the same position as you

catman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9, Honda Accord Hybrid
I ordered my R1S in November 2022 and the current estimate is a bland 2024! I can't quite imagine why a new order today would have the same delivery time. Do they not follow the proverbial "Q"?

I am glad for the delay though because is opened up other options. I placed the deposit for the Volvo EX 90 back in Fall 2023, and it has a first quarter 2024 delivery window. It comes with a lidar, Apple CarPlay, HD Google maps, and more creature comforts than the R1S. At this stage of the game, I am going for the Volvo unless Rivian seriously competes with their competitors on things that matter.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I ordered my R1S in November 2022 and the current estimate is a bland 2024! I can't quite imagine why a new order today would have the same delivery time. Do they not follow the proverbial "Q"?

I am glad for the delay though because is opened up other options. I placed the deposit for the Volvo EX 90 back in Fall 2023, and it has a first quarter 2024 delivery window. It comes with a lidar, Apple CarPlay, HD Google maps, and more creature comforts than the R1S. At this stage of the game, I am going for the Volvo unless Rivian seriously competes with their competitors on things that matter.
You must time travel then to place a reservation in Fall 2023. No one is telling you to buy a Rivian. Cancel the preorder

Sponsored

catman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9, Honda Accord Hybrid
All in good time, my good friend. All in good time!:like:

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
I just ordered a R1S on 1/24/23. When I did it did say ā€œLate 2023ā€. Am not surprised at all. Probably wonā€™t see ours until mid 2024 Iā€™d say, which is fine because the plan is to line it up with the 3rd kid (who isnā€™t in production yet either) :p.
Sponsored