Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I haven’t stayed within 5 mph of the speed limit for 40 years.

No offense to you Boy Scouts driving about in these 835hp jalopies.
I know your are just exaggerating but the nicely you drive under the speed limit every day. Can’t go from 0 to 5 over instantly.
Sponsored

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
There’s a small Hawaiian take-out restaurant near where I live that serves fantastic grilled meat rice bowls. Behind the counter, they have a scale where they weigh each individual piece of chicken to ensure they don’t give you too much. The difference is never more than one or two bites, and I’m sure the cost is minimal. It’s the optics that are terrible. It exudes a stingy, money-focused business that cares more about counting nickels instead of prioritizing customer satisfaction (or at least the perception of it).

Rivian makes gorgeous vehicles. But their PR dept could really use a lesson in managing the optics of customer satisfaction…

I’m still eating those Hawaiian rice bowls and I’m still buying a Rivian. But, on principle, I’ll sadly take every chance I get to save myself another penny at their expense if they’re going to do the same.

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
There are a lot of 5.0 in this forum apparently.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I feel naked without running a dash-cam. My 1/23 build S has the under dash 12V for it, but it certainly makes it more inconvenient for power tap w/o it. Even if Rivian enables Wham Bam Rivian-Cam, I have a feeling it won’t be 4K quality for identification purposes, so I’ll run aftermarket regardless. Will be interesting to see if “Rivian-Cam”, when available, becomes a subscription service—this omission certainly compels it more easily.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Yeah because not driving recklessly means you are “5.0“
Just because I have a radar detector doesn't mean I drive recklessly. Smh

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Funny no one questions whether this could be due to lack of parts availability. Maybe it's cost cutting or maybe it's adapting to keep the factory churning out vehicles. My 1/23 build has all 3 12V sockets. It also has dual magnets to hold the frunk floor. I don't have the wood on the back of the front seat head rests but that never seemed like a good material for a potentially high wear area, even though it looked awesome. On my vehicle, that wood trim was replaced by metal look piece that matches the rest of the interior metal trim. And the door pockets are just plain black fabric trimmed, no more fancy buckles and zippers.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
Picked up my R1S an after a 4 year wait last Tuesday. So much of it is perfect. But I did want to mount a phone or screen up front for CarPlay….I bough a charger for the 12V under the Dash and….couldn’t find it!

I thought I must be missing something obvious, I even checked the digital owners manual which still labels a 12V placement under the front center screen.

Finally I broke down and called Rivian support who informed me that if my R1S was built Feb 2023 or later, they no longer have a 12v outlet in the front cabin under the screen. Bummer!

I guess now I just have to run a longer usbc cable from the dash all the way into the center console which doesn’t look great.

don’t know if this applies to the R1Ts as well, or just the S…..

(yes there is a 12V in the front trunk)
Wow. Mine was delivered in mid-Feb. here’s a photo of the outlet on the underside of the screen.

Rivian R1T R1S Newer R1S builds have no 12v under dash AD1634F3-BF6A-41E3-A3B0-EA4EF4394719

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Has anyone without the dash 12v checked to see if the wiring still exists under there?

Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
My mid-Feb delivery has it.

Rivian R1T R1S Newer R1S builds have no 12v under dash 741586C5-AF3B-40E3-AFB2-8ECEDD1585BB

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Funny no one questions whether this could be due to lack of parts availability. Maybe it's cost cutting or maybe it's adapting to keep the factory churning out vehicles. My 1/23 build has all 3 12V sockets. It also has dual magnets to hold the frunk floor. I don't have the wood on the back of the front seat head rests but that never seemed like a good material for a potentially high wear area, even though it looked awesome. On my vehicle, that wood trim was replaced by metal look piece that matches the rest of the interior metal trim. And the door pockets are just plain black fabric trimmed, no more fancy buckles and zippers.
Maybe it is. But if that’s the case, they should communicate it so they minimize the impact to customer satisfaction. Heck, they even created a video for the blinker and lock sounds. A message stating they’re experiencing supply chain issues on some small “nice-to-haves” would go a long way to mitigating the poor optics.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Getting seriously pissed at them changing around the 12V plug configuration. I would've used both the one in the frunk and the one on the dash. Still no clue if I'll win the lottery or if my truck will be lacking both, as it was built in mid-late February.

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Amazing how many of yall owned a rivian and adviced me about speeding. Smh

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Deleted… you know what, there are other threads talking about the 12v being removed. This one should just be shut down.
Wrong. This is the first that has 12v removed from under the dash screen. Apparently. You don't know that because you don't have one without it
Sponsored