Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I purchased Version 2 of this product and it works with my R1S.
do you need to plug that into the center console, or does it plug in somewhere else?

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
do you need to plug that into the center console, or does it plug in somewhere else?
Yes. There are two usb-c in the center. Any of them will do

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Yes. There are two usb-c in the center. Any of them will do
Thanks for the info on this.
So if I am picturing this correctly, there is a plug running from your center console to any electronic device attached to your window or on your dash. Would that picture be correct, and if so, does the setup bother you?

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Thanks for the info on this.
So if I am picturing this correctly, there is a plug running from your center console to any electronic device attached to your window or on your dash. Would that picture be correct, and if so, does the setup bother you?

I wouldn't say any device since I have not tested it except for the Rj-11 plug for the radar. Yes. the radar is on my dash. It is not the pretty or neat like hardwired from the rearview mirror, but it will do temporarily since I solely use the radar on long trip. Most of the time, it is put away in the center console. At first, I planned to do the rearview mirror tap, but decided to get this instead.

Sponsored

Redmond Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (LG, FE, 20"), Tesla Model X
Clubs

Picked up R1T on March 25th. No frunk or cabin 12V outlet. Was told there was a part shortage and that is why they were removed. I use a rear view camera on my camper. On a test towing drive recently I used a 10ft 12V extension cable from the frunk outlet through the gear tunnel access door between seats in back up to the front. Not ideal but worked. The extension cable is sort of in the way if there are passengers in the back.
I got my R1S on June 8. My wife left on a camping trip this morning towing her trailer, and while trying to hook up the rearview camera, I discovered this issue as well. There wasn't time to get an extension cable, but our camera had a long enough cord that we could plug it in to the back 12V outlet and have the camera sit on the armrest. The cord and camera position were indeed not ideal, but at least it was something.

My apologies to the OP...I had seen the thread title, but I did not read the thread until today because I assumed from the title that there wasn't a handy 12V location for something mounted on the windshield. It didn't occur to me that there's really no 12V in the front of the vehicle at all, so I was surprised when I looked all around the console and found nothing...

Update: here's an easy solution. Buy one of THESE to plug in to your OBD port, and for less than $13 you can have a 12V outlet under your dash.
Sponsored

Last edited: