First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
And that a-hole Tony will tell us something like "this is what makes our manufacturing process so exciting, we can update the models instantly"!!
So they can pull stuff like this whenever they want. WHne was the last time they upgraded or added something instantly?!
When they removed the frunk 12v he claimed it was from ā€œlack of usageā€, as if they had any actual data on that. They canā€™t very well say that about the one under the dash. If itā€™s just a cost cutting move I wish they would simply say soā€¦ Personally I would rather have the one under the dash than the frunk.

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
yeah, really don't care if people who want to install radar or laser detectors can get to power. I tend to think they should be points-inducing citations that can eventually lead to loss of a driver's license, but that's a total side conversation.

However, I do think power under the dash is very useful for wanting to plug something in and leave it in that lower storage area or to have a phone plugged in while using it for alternative navigation. I prefer 12V but even if they just put 2 USB-C ports with good power output, that's fine.

Sir. This is about the 12v and what people do with it . Cops are dicks here in Texas. FYI. You probably never experienced the "I got all the power because I have a badge cop shit "

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
Thanks Munro! :mad:
What did Sandy do? ...FWIW, the auto industry is about to purge 12V all together in favor of 48V DC and 120V AC plugs. But no, I'm not trying to justify their removal of the 12V. Not having it kinda sucks. But I'm still more frustrated with the removal of the 12V or just having no power in the frunk -- that's a major strike against the vehicle. But the R1S is still the only real EV SUV out there. I had high hopes for the EV9, but its specs are a major disappointment

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Interesting that the removal is official (per CS) but the website has yet to update and reflect this change. On the R1T. They still list 2 12V on the vehicle, with the removal of the dash mounted 12V the only remaining is the one in the rear tunnel.

Iā€™m guessing this was not a cost of materials issue, but a cost of production / ie time it took to install / place wiring for the 12v. I feel like theyā€™ll just do away with it all together sometime soon.
Nothing CS says is official

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Maybe donā€™t speed and therefore not give the cops a reason to interact with you in the first place?
Sir. To be honest. Don't really need your opinion about speeding. The 12v is for many purpose. If you don't have a good thing to contribute to the conversation. Should have stay out of it

Sponsored

GeneralName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Finance
Lmao, yall wild.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
šŸŒ²šŸŒ²R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
One 12v at a time

First they came for the 12V in the frunk, and I did not speak outā€”because I did not use the 12V in the frunk.

Then they came for the back of seat wood trim, and I did not speak outā€”because I did not look at the back of seat wood trim.

Then they came for the front 12V, and I did not speak outā€”because I did not use the front 12V.

Then they came for meā€”and there was no one left to speak for me.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
I havenā€™t stayed within 5 mph of the speed limit for 40 years.

No offense to you Boy Scouts driving about in these 835hp jalopies.
Sponsored