First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
I've had good luck this year, but I usually end up with a flat twice a year. Not sure how I'd manage without a spare.
Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Anybody adding the reinforced undercarriage?

I thought that was standard on the launch edition?

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I’ve added it to my R1T. $600 was an ok price for me.
What’s your secret for getting the spare for $600? Cost me $800…

Sponsored

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
I’ve added it to my R1T. $600 was an ok price for me.
I added the full size spare too, however, it was $800. Which wheel did you configure? I have the 22” Sport Bright wheels.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
I
It was but newest update had this t say:
"The Off-Road Upgrade is now optional for Launch Edition and Adventure Package preorder holders. Over the past months, we’ve talked with many of you about the Electric Adventures you’ll soon be taking. While the trips all sound exciting, they don’t always involve extreme off-roading — the standard capability of our vehicles is more than enough.
Today when you visit your Rivian Account and view your configuration, the Off-Road Upgrade will be unselected, and your price will be adjusted lower by $2,000. If you would like the Off-Road Upgrade, simply select it. Your price will return to its original total."

I take it at face value but there is at least one theory that is an effort to save weight and improve EPA range.
I added it back in. Would rather have the capability than go without. Our plans for future involve road trips west to Utah, Arizona and Montana.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Only the 21" is $600, the 20 or 22 are $800 for the spare. The price gets adjusted based on which wheel package you select.

Im going to need 4x spares at $2400 for a set of wheels and tires (bargain for forged wheels + tires) if you ask me!

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I am a dual citizen with my pre-order directed with downpayment on a vehicle delivered to Canada. Can I change my delivery to my US address and switch to US funds last minute, or should I decide now which country for delivery?
The only way you can take delivery in the US is with a valid US drivers license and address. I asked this before as I work in Seattle on an L1A Visa and considered taking delivery there. Those were the requirements.

The other consideration was the taxes I would have to pay on importing the vehicle etc to insure it in BC. In the end it just made more sense to take delivery in Canada as thats where I intend to be long term

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I just found a few small changes to the interior today as well. I had screenshots of the configurator screen from a few months ago when I first reserved to compare to the updated ones from today.

I'm not saying these are all negative or positive (that's subjective), but here's what I saw:
  1. No more yellow buckle on the door panel pockets: https://share.getcloudapp.com/4gunY5eW
  2. Floor mats are a different color/texture: https://share.getcloudapp.com/mXurZEDq
  3. Different color stitching on the steering wheel: https://share.getcloudapp.com/7KuoJ2ZR
  4. Different color/material used for the speaker grilles: https://share.getcloudapp.com/4gunY5LB
    • Although, when looking at the backseat view they actually look to have changed from plastic to a metal in the new version: https://share.getcloudapp.com/L1uB5zZQ. So this one is a little puzzling
They also altered the area above the rear view mirror and made it smaller in your updated photo (looks better now)

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
They also altered the area above the rear view mirror and made it smaller in your updated photo (looks better now)
Didn't notice that before! That definitely looks better.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I talked to a CS rep yesterday (Emily) and she said the R1S as still on target for August deliveries...anybody else getting the same answer lately?

Also, the off-road package...I am assuming that weight will hamper mileage. but if you don't get that package, is the under carraige still protected. I want to understand the difference better.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I talked to a CS rep yesterday (Emily) and she said the R1S as still on target for August deliveries...anybody else getting the same answer lately?
To play devil's advocate, Rivian insisted they were on-track for June R1T deliveries up until May 27th... Then it became "July". And on May 28th-30th Rivian told several LE holders with ultra-low reservation numbers that it may be more like September-November.

So Rivian saying R1S is still on track doesn't really mean anything, imo. They first need to get R1T deliveries actually happening.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
To play devil's advocate, Rivian insisted they were on-track for June R1T deliveries up until May 27th... Then it became "July". And on May 28th-30th Rivian told several LE holders with ultra-low reservation numbers that it may be more like September-November.

So Rivian saying R1S is still on track doesn't really mean anything, imo. They first need to get R1T deliveries actually happening.
I agree with you and not holding my breath. But since the R1T and R1S are essentially the same platform except for the shorter length/wheel-base it should not be to different, and probably easier to build.

Today I talked with Ruby (CS) and she re-confirmed the R1S is still staying at an August launch...which I always had hoped it would come at the same time as the R1T's (again being optimistic/hopeful).

She also said more info on the Off-Road package is coming out in the next week or two. It will impact mileage, and details to follow on that per Ruby. Currently I did not opt for it...but considering it.

I did ask where the spare tire for the R1S will be, and the compact spare will be stored under the "lockable" storage at the back of the R1S, but the full size spare will not fit in there.

So, I will be pleasantly surprised if the R1S make the August timeframe.

I am one of the early reservation holders too (I think just under the 10K number) as I was in Dec 2019. I think around 20 or 25'ish days after the public annoucement at the LA Auto show around Thanksgiving that year.

Patiently waiting...
Sponsored