First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Support confirmed adventure and explorer edition guides will start reaching out in November, with deliveries in as early as January. So taking the website at it's word.

No visibility on max pack deliveries though. Sorry max pack folks, I tried to find out for ya!

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
... TheSketchMonkey describes it as "The most confusing BMW design that I have seen in my entire life."...
I so detest the looks of the big grill BMWs that, while I may buy out the lease on my i3s because I like it, I'm otherwise likely giving up on the brand after owning 11 of them over the years.

Sponsored

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I so detest the looks of the big grill BMWs that, while I may buy out the lease on my i3s because I like it, I'm otherwise likely giving up on the brand after owning 11 of them over the years.
Yuck, the iX is so bad (and we have an X5) that it would make me get a Tesla even - and that's bad enough.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Support confirmed adventure and explorer edition guides will start reaching out in November, with deliveries in as early as January. So taking the website at it's word.

No visibility on max pack deliveries though. Sorry max pack folks, I tried to find out for ya!
So they are planning to bump LE orders back potentially to June but fill Adventure and Explorer editions in Jan. Thats interesting. What is the point of calling it "Launch Edition"?

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
So they are planning to bump LE orders back potentially to June but fill Adventure and Explorer editions in Jan. Thats interesting. What is the point of calling it "Launch Edition"?
Exactly

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Agree it sounds a bit funky, but in practice, this would result in a Nov 2018 preorder holder getting their Adventure/Explore edition sooner than a Nov 2020 customer gets their LE, and I'm okay with that.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Virtually every other new EV launch has done the same thing. They sell a Launch/First Edition package, but then start delivering standard models first or at the same time.

Frankly, a lot of the complaints I've been seeing about Rivian could be made about any new car launch. There are always delays, and people always voice their frustrations and look elsewhere. Rivian is still poised to be the first to market in the EV pickup and true 7 passenger SUV categories. There is nothing else with comparable specs at a comparable price point that will be available this year. No one else is as close to launching as Rivian, and it's going to be worth the wait. If you'd rather switch to a smaller or less powerful EV in order to get it sooner, go right ahead. I considered that approach and ultimately decided it was too big a compromise just to get something new a few months earlier.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Agree it sounds a bit funky, but in practice, this would result in a Nov 2018 preorder holder getting their Adventure/Explore edition sooner than a Nov 2020 customer gets their LE, and I'm okay with that.
I questioned at the time the way the opened up configuration without prioritizing early orders

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I questioned at the time the way the opened up configuration without prioritizing early orders
I get it, friend. You were first in line at the new burger place. When you got in you found out they're only making their special burgers for now, and you just want a cheeseburger. It sucks, but you can either buy the special now or wait until they start making cheeseburgers. Now I'm hungry ...

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
The V2H may not be available out of the gate with the Lightning. The standards to implement it have not been finalized and adopted. Ford could of course do their own thing, but I find that unlikely.
Implementing it on a vehicle is software and could be done OTA. The hard stuff is on your wall and the interconnect to your utility company is usually where it gets sticky.

they're building it into the wall unit. Shouldn't require too many special trips from the car, other than the software to push power back the other way through the wall unit.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ford has partnered with SunRun on the V2H equipment and install so at least from what I've read, it looks pretty ironed out? Time will tell but seems like Ford has done their homework.
Be that as it may, the standard is still yet to be set in stone. Hardware is very unlikely to change at this point, though. Any changes can be made via OTA software updates.

This is also why it could be a change that Rivian could implement via software, if the charger module is designed to support it. Current data suggests, however, that it is not.
Sponsored