First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mclaren 570s, Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I have to say I am disappointed. It’s hard not to be. I think if they would have communicated earlier there was going to be a delay of 1-6 months (depending on where you are on the LE line) I would have been fine, but this just frustrates the hell out of me and causes me to mistrust them. They wait until 2 business until they were supposed to make deliveries to the first holders and announce a delay.

I don’t know if I am gong to keep my reservation or not, just disappointed. I’m sorry for the whining, and not trying to upset anyone else, just BS
Same here. One of my Tesla leases ended a few weeks ago. I had anticipated suffering/sharing a vehicle with my wife for a few months. This update sounds far too vague and now have to figure out another vehicle for what seems like could be another year.
Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Hang on...you just made up that "first deliveries date" on your end and now you're disappointed about a date that Rivian never confirmed or said themselves. All Rivian has ever said is "Deliveries begin June 2021". They never said "On June 1st we will deliver a vehicle".

Just want to make that clarification for everyone here. Let's make sure to separate what has been officially revealed by the company vs. what the forums are making up for themselves.
I think you’re splitting hairs there. They said deliveries will begin June 2021, so it was either June 1st up to the 31st, so either a couple of days or weeks originally. Who’s to say at this point

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Same here. One of my Tesla leases ended a few weeks ago. I had anticipated suffering/sharing a vehicle with my wife for a few months. This update sounds far too vague and now have to figure out another vehicle for what seems like could be another year.
Think about the MME (Mach-E) if that fits your bill during this fill-in period. If you can accept the smaller battery 230 mile range versions they are becoming more & more available in dealer's stock. Its the Ext. Range battery and/or AWD version that is a rare bird - but they are out there too if you look - but almost all with a "market adjustment" markup.

Just saying....

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I think you’re splitting hairs there. They said deliveries will begin June 2021, so it was either June 1st up to the 31st, so either a couple of days or weeks originally. Who’s to say at this point
You are technically correct but originally stated that LE deliveries were to be completed in 2021 and that has now moved months at a minimum. So @Kmann1994 is making a fair conclusion.

Gerolsteiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Everyone talking about the 20” truck wheels being no-cost on the R1S now - they (along with the bright and dark 20” options) are still $1,800 for me. Or was the truck 20” even pricier than the $1,800 upcharge for bright/dark 20s before and I didn’t notice at the time?

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Think about the MME (Mach-E) if that fits your bill during this fill-in period. If you can accept the smaller battery 230 mile range versions they are becoming more & more available in dealer's stock. Its the Ext. Range battery and/or AWD version that is a rare bird - but they are out there too if you look - but almost all with a "market adjustment" markup.

Just saying....
I just ordered a California Route 1 MME, after test driving a lower range one. 305 EPA range, ETA 16 weeks.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You are technically correct but originally stated that LE deliveries were to be completed in 2021 and that has now moved months at a minimum. So @Kmann1994 is making a fair conclusion.
I deal with a lot of bureaucracy so:
Rivian R1T R1S New updates! July deliveries, August test drives, off road package now optional on Launch Edition, gear added to configurator E356312E-3D44-444E-AE30-A77995046CE6

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Hang on...you just made up that "first deliveries date" on your end and now you're disappointed about a date that Rivian never confirmed or said themselves. All Rivian has ever said is "Deliveries begin June 2021". They never said "On June 1st we will deliver a vehicle".

Just want to make that clarification for everyone here. Let's make sure to separate what has been officially revealed by the company vs. what the forums are making up for themselves.
Rivian had confirmed that deliveries would start June 2021. That is not true. They are now saying July 2021. Before it was End of 2020. Before it was also 400+ Range released first. These are details that they are releasing that they are not meeting.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I deal with a lot of bureaucracy so:
E356312E-3D44-444E-AE30-A77995046CE6.png
Well meme'd sir!

As many have stated before we are all free to not buy a Rivian! Unfortunately we all WANT to buy a RIvian.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Well meme'd sir!

As many have stated before we are all free to not buy a Rivian! Unfortunately we all WANT to buy a RIvian.
I know, just a little sad. It wouldn’t have been such a big deal to me if they would have stated this like a month ago. Oh well, I will wait for now

Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I know, just a little sad. It wouldn’t have been such a big deal to me if they would have stated this like a month ago. Oh well, I will wait for now
The timing was clearly intentional. Right before the holiday weekend, and after early Lightning preorders were no longer an option.

Nobody should still be giving Rivian the benefit of the doubt on putting "customer first" in any way, shape, or form. But hey, I just personally just like doing business with companies that are honest and up front.

Timdb82

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LG/FE, Lightning Lariat ER, 2011 Tundra TRD
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Wow, I'm kind of bummed. I bought into the whole "under promise, over deliver" thing. They have been hiding bits of bad news here and there and haven't been real transparent; when I saw the vehicles in person in 2019 the R1T had a power folding 180 deg tailgate, the glass roof was photochromatic, deliveries would begin in 2020....... that has all been done away with little by little. This really makes me wonder about their range estimates....... we may find out "OUR FIRST DELIVERIES WERE MADE; R1S IS ENTERING FULL PRODUCTION ..... BTW epa estimates 275 mile range for the mid level R1T." Sorry, just not too happy or excited anymore here.....

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Well, it would cost about $30,000 to install a home battery back up system to match the functionality of the V2H option featured with Ford's Lightning; yet the $30k option has only 1/4 of the energy storage as the Lightning. I can't imagine anyone choosing Carplay over such a feature. Different folks, different strokes I guess.
I'm buying my EV to drive.

It seems silly, to me, to be in an emergency where the power is out for an extended period of time and then sacrifice your exit strategy (range).

I can plug my refrigerator into my R1T and run it for hours if I think the power will be back on. But if the power is going to be out for days/weeks then I am certainly not going to sacrifice my only way OUT of the area.

If you value an electric water heater (seriously, upgrade to gas!) over your ability to move to safety, then you certainly are a different folk with a different stroke.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Everyone talking about the 20” truck wheels being no-cost on the R1S now - they (along with the bright and dark 20” options) are still $1,800 for me. Or was the truck 20” even pricier than the $1,800 upcharge for bright/dark 20s before and I didn’t notice at the time?
My understanding is LE reservation holders got a free upgrade to 20" wheels, but if they had an R1S and wanted R1T 20" the configurator was still charging them for that swap... Now they can pick either set and get it included.

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
And if I get my cybertruck first, my LE r1t order is likely getting cancelled. I got my ct order in the first minute they were available.
Sponsored