First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Here's to hoping the delay knocks off a couple impatient people in front of me and bumps me up :cool: I did have it wired in my head I'd be getting my LE before end of this year - so a little let down.
At least you know what year to expect you. ?
Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
To play devil's advocate, the South is historically slow to accept change.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I don't know if it is your run of the mill donut though, it is described as "a compact spare that inflates to full size." Even so, at least it also includes the jack with toolkit, jacking puck and riser base. I think the $450 is certainly worth the peace of mind. Only one of my cars has a spare and that is an uncomfortable feeling; especially considering that highway potholes have claimed three of my tires recently.
Based on that description, I suspect this spare is like the one for my Audi Q5. It's a full-width tire (or at least not a ridiculous donut tire), but the side walls are thinner, and it's stored under the floor deflated. The reason for this style spare is that the width of the tire isn't the limitation for the storage space, but the diameter is. It stores in a smaller footprint when laying flat. Mine is probably ~4" of diameter from sidewall and tread while stored.

Here's a video showing what it looks like stored and then inflated:

Sponsored

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
Initial deliveries delayed one month. All LE deliveries pushed out to “spring 2022”.
Depending on how spring is defined (April? Before June 20?), the full LE roll out is delayed by 3-6 months. Why? (Supply constraints? Ramp up challenges?).

The update also doesn’t mention impact on first deliveries of R1S. I am sure it’ll be later than August but wonder if it’s more like November.

I think there is a reason they dropped this so close to a major holiday weekend.
This is a major delivery delay, without actually saying It, that is sort of hidden with everything else. Whereas they had communicated that LE Edition would be complete by 12/31/21 now it’s Spring. As you said that could mean up to 6/22 delivery. I think for some of us later Reservation holders (9/20) that might be an issue. Suddenly the Tesla X with a possible Fed Credit and 2/22 delivery doesn’t look so bad.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Looks Good! My buddy was trying to convince me to go with the White

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
This is a major delivery delay, without actually saying It, that is sort of hidden with everything else. Whereas they had communicated that LE Edition would be complete by 12/31/21 now it’s Spring. As you said that could mean up to 6/22 delivery. I think for some of us later Reservation holders (9/20) that might be an issue. Suddenly the Tesla X with a possible Fed Credit and 2/22 delivery doesn’t look so bad.
Note under the proposed EV credit guidelines so far the X wouldn't get it, limits to $80K price.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Gotta say I admire the Rivian comms team's commitment to consistent language between their stories and CS chats - kudos! Never change, Rivian.

Rivian R1T R1S New updates! July deliveries, August test drives, off road package now optional on Launch Edition, gear added to configurator 1622122327684

Sponsored

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
Note under the proposed EV credit guidelines so far the X wouldn't get it, limits to $80K price.
Yes you are correct. I’m just hoping this gets changed when and if the Bill gets passed.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I do wonder how many people are going to abandon Rivian for the Lightning now that Rivian's first mover advantage is slipping?

For someone making a reservation today it might actually be faster for them to get an F150, as I assume neither would see a car until fall of 2022.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
And I expect to get my Hummer before an R1T (Max Pack, removable roof). Already ordered a Mach E so I can get it this year. Just have to keep my ICE tow vehicle longer.