First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
That’s interesting…I’ve noticed ours works better when I approach say from the front passenger side, going around the front to the drivers door, it always seems to work great. Versus, say approaching from the rear is more problematic.
Yeah I've noticed that too.

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I just noticed something not mentioned in the update notes. They finally now have headlights automatically coming on when it’s raining! Have seen it happen now multiple times today and the other day when raining in daylight.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I just noticed something not mentioned in the update notes. They finally now have headlights automatically coming on when it’s raining! Have seen it happen now multiple times today and the other day when raining in daylight.
I'll have to pay attention to this now. Main reason for my response is noting your username. When we got the ability to name the truck, I totally called mine Spaceball One for the lolz.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

anyone experience issues with controlling airflow of the vents with the latest update? i used to be able to point the air towards me fairly well but now no matter what i do i cant. i can see the vertical slats moving up and down but moving the air side to side isn't doing anything.

i took my R1T in for service last week and i had not installed the update (i always wait at least 2-3 weeks after its released). unfortunately, the SC decided they would do me a favor and update it. mental note to make sure to they not install updates while in for service. if they are doing work on my truck, i dont want any software changes done as that adds another variable to the truck and i cant be sure if the work they did was correct or not (unless of course the update is needed for the specific issue im having).

now i dont know if its the s/w update that caused the issue or because of the work the SC did on my truck.

so, checking to see if anyone else experienced issues with directing airflow after the update.

Last edited:

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Yep….I see no change at all. Same layout and same bugs in the Bluetooth media player.
TuneIn moved some of the buttons around up top. Basically just condensed it all together and it looks better. I'm assuming Spotify did the same but I don't use it much

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

anyone experience issues with controlling airflow of the vents with the latest update? i used to be able to point to towards me fairly well but now no matter what i do its not directed towards me. i can see the vertical slats moving up and down but moving the air side to side isn't working.

i took my R1T in for service last week and i had not installed the update (i always wait at least 2-3 weeks after its released). unfortunately, the SC decided they would do me a favor and update it. mental note to make sure to they not install updates while in for service. if they are doing work on my truck, i dont want any software changes done as that adds another variable to the truck and i cant be sure if the work they did was correct or not (unless of course the update is needed for the specific issue im having).

now i dont know if its the s/w update that caused the issue or because of the work the SC did on my truck.

so, checking to see if anyone else experienced issues with directing airflow after the update.
When i made a sc appointment for the second recall they told me to make sure I was at the latest software version before bringing the vehicle in.

You never know internally what changes, they may add more diagnostics in a version and they may need that data to fix any problems.

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'll have to pay attention to this now. Main reason for my response is noting your username. When we got the ability to name the truck, I totally called mine Spaceball One for the lolz.
that’s awesome. I actually have been using this on several forums, as I am a big fan of Spaceballs but also that is my license plate for my Tesla, which is named “Princess Vespa” lol. I’m going for a Seinfeld theme for the Rivian, though my son named him Max, the plate will be VANDLY 😁

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

That's fantastic! Naming your vehicles and giving them fun themes can add a personal touch and make driving even more enjoyable. Spaceballs and Princess Vespa are great choices for your Tesla, and going with a Seinfeld theme for your Rivian sounds like a fun idea. Max is a cool name, and VANDLY is a clever license plate choice. It's always fun to have these little quirks that reflect your interests and bring a smile to your face whenever you see your vehicle. Enjoy your journeys with Spaceball One, Princess Vespa, and Max!
Ok bot.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Just saw 2023.22.00 today. Neighbor is an employee, so he's currently testing it.

-steering wheel/ seat calibration fixes (positional memory fixes)
- some air conditioning fixes
- tidal music app fixes
- navigation fixes with added charging stations
- phone contact improvements, mainly searchability of contacts. Text messaging not added yet
- Updated Rivian phone app with larger lettering
- driver + fixes and 360 view camera improvement

I'll try to remember more. I didn't take pictures , just got to scroll through the release notes.
He did not have it on his vehicle, but he said entertainment streaming to the main screen is currently being tested... ie Netflix type apps.

*** Memory jog *** Just remembered, Nav has a new slide out on the left for trip planning. I guess by default it has something to the affect of "charge along the way' as a check mark box. Unfortunately, it has to be deselected every time you enter in your desired destination or you will have an extra stop for charging on your route. He did not like this and planned on giving negative feedback for this, but he isn't sure if they will address it before release.

Last edited:

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

Just saw 2023.22.00 today. Neighbor is an employee, so he's currently testing it

*** Memory jog *** Just remembered, Nav has a new slide out on the left for trip planning. I guess by default it has something to the affect of "charge along the way' as a check mark box. Unfortunately, it has to be deselected every time you enter in your desired destination or you will have an extra stop for charging on your route. He did not like this and planned on giving negative feedback for this, but he isn't sure if they will address it before release.
Hmmm…first look at ABRP integration?

Jeevesbond

First Name
Jb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla y
Just saw 2023.22.00 today. Neighbor is an employee, so he's currently testing it.

-steering wheel/ seat calibration fixes (positional memory fixes)
- some air conditioning fixes
- tidal music app fixes
- navigation fixes with added charging stations
- phone contact improvements, mainly searchability of contacts. Text messaging not added yet
- Updated Rivian phone app with larger lettering
- driver + fixes and 360 view camera improvement

I'll try to remember more. I didn't take pictures , just got to scroll through the release notes.
He did not have it on his vehicle, but he said entertainment streaming to the main screen is currently being tested... ie Netflix type apps.

Just Got my r1s. One annoyance is lack of rear seat climate control. Kids like different temp than what we like up front and currently cant change climate in back. Does your neighbor have updated climate by chance?

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Just Got my r1s. One annoyance is lack of rear seat climate control. Kids like different temp than what we like up front and currently cant change climate in back. Does your neighbor have updated climate by chance?
When you say rear seat, are you talking third row or second row? Although the third row has a dedicated A/C unit that is mounted in the right rear of the vehicle, I don't remember reading anything in the notes about independent control by the rear passengers. I do know that my 8 year old loves playing with the controls in the second row, to the point where I some times turn them off.

I can send him a text and ask. I'll assume it is third row and you would like control functions from the front infotainment screen.
Sponsored