First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I plugged my truck in this evening during my on peak hours and it started charging. The schedule in the truck is correct, but it ignored it. Had to manually stop the charging. I get hit with demand charges during peak hours!

IMG_0481.jpeg
Mine did the same last Friday afternoon when it shouldn't have. But hasn't this week now.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Weird - I don't get it. Why do some people have crappy PAAK response and it works well for others?
One thing I was told by a tech out at my house is that the sensors for the PAAK are on the sides of the vehicle and there are blind spots in the sensing so depending on how you approach the truck depends on whether or not it wakes up right away.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

My vampire drain seems to be a little higher since 2023.14, but it hasn't been consistent. I have noticed the range on my garage door opener is horrible right now, but it happened like a week after I got the update. I might try a soft reset to see if that helps, but I pretty much have to pull up to the door before it'll open now.

On the plus side, it does look like my ADAS issue with occupied turn lanes has gotten much better. That said, I did notice today that I went to signal a lane change as I came up on a slower car and in the middle of a signaled lane change it stomped on the brakes...not cool. I also don't like that using ACC it seems like the truck uses brakes more than it does regen as well as being much too hard on the brakes vs smooth like a human would.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Maybe just me but I thought there was much more motor whine while preconditioning yesterday, especially below 35mph. It went away when I cancelled the trip to the charger and came back immediately when I resumed the trip. It was cool, in the low 50s.
Last weekend, in the 80s, the preconditioning was really ripping. I've also noticed that preconditioning is now a variable amount of time. It used to start at about 60-61 minutes before arrival. Now I'm seeing it variable between 30-60 minutes.

vindicator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Porsche Cayenne S
"Usability Improvements for the Media App
Enhanced button placement."
My eyes are not picking up any changes to the Media App -- anybody have any insight into what actually changed? I think ANY change to the Media App HAS to be a "positive", so I'm looking for a glimmer of hope...

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Yeah, I lost 2% overnight the other day on this version. that's worse than it used to be for me.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Last weekend, in the 80s, the preconditioning was really ripping. I've also noticed that preconditioning is now a variable amount of time. It used to start at about 60-61 minutes before arrival. Now I'm seeing it variable between 30-60 minutes.
is there any harmful effect to the battery if we dont precondition before charging? does it depend on if its DCFC vs Level 1/2 charging? i was assuming its impacts more if the battery can take higher kW

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I've been losing 1.5 kWh - 2 kWh after this update, still on par with the vampire drain I used to have.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I've been losing 1.5 kWh - 2 kWh after this update, still on par with the vampire drain I used to have.
Same here. About 1.2 to 1.5 kWh over a 24 hour period. Going to try shipping mode next week so I’ll see how much that helps.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
is there any harmful effect to the battery if we dont precondition before charging? does it depend on if its DCFC vs Level 1/2 charging? i was assuming its impacts more if the battery can take higher kW
Don't think so since we didn't have preconditioning enabled when my truck was delivered. Just a slower charging curve. Preconditioning is only for DCFC

Sponsored

sherold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S3, VW Atlas
So, question from a DCFC newb that will be utilizing it for the first time very soon. How do you know that the R1 is preconditioning? Status message, motor noise, other behavior?

SeattleSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Nissan LEAF
Anyone else think that not only did 2023.18 restore the sport mode acceleration, but it seems even crazier? I took the truck out for a drive this morning, and it felt almost twitchy compared to a couple versions ago when they smoothed out the sport-mode pedal response.

At any rate, it was quite eye-opening on a 1½-lane back road. 😅
I feel similarly. Response from aggressive accelerator input is noticable. I feel that jabbing the accelerator pedal in All Purpose mode is more aggressive, too.

I love it, and have been driving a long way home this week to do more, eh-em, testing.

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
So, question from a DCFC newb that will be utilizing it for the first time very soon. How do you know that the R1 is preconditioning? Status message, motor noise, other behavior?
There's a status message and you'll see your efficiency drop as it heats/cools the battery to the optimal temperature for DCFC.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Right now there's no way to manually tell the truck to precondition. It only starts if you use the built-in nav to navigate to a DCFC that is in its database. Depending on the condition of the battery (temperature, SoC, etc) it will warm or cool the pack to the optimal temperature while enroute. One issue is that the power level of chargers, especially on the EA network, is inaccurate...so it may not adequately precondition for a 350 kW station if it's only listed as a 150 kW station as many are. And yes, while it's preconditioning you'll see a status message, IIRC, it's on the nav display and may also show in the driver display.

scottie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ModelY
How many people think Rivian should have to pay the US Government back for customer EV tax credits until vampire drain is <.1% per day? Could be a pro-rata reimbursement.

I think that would properly incentivise Rivian to fix this issue.
Sponsored