Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Anyone else think that not only did 2023.18 restore the sport mode acceleration, but it seems even crazier? I took the truck out for a drive this morning, and it felt almost twitchy compared to a couple versions ago when they smoothed out the sport-mode pedal response.

At any rate, it was quite eye-opening on a 1½-lane back road. 😅
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Oh yeah. I used to have basically none -- margin of error. Now I'm walking away for a few hours and finding 10-20 miles range gone.
this is exactly why i dont install the latest update right away. my general rule of thumb is to wait 1 week to see what happens to all y'all guinea pigs and decide if its safe to update or not.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
this is exactly why i dont install the latest update right away. my general rule of thumb is to wait 1 week to see what happens to all y'all guinea pigs and decide if its safe to update or not.
I wish Rivian gave us a "snooze" option so I could see an update was available and not be reminded for a period of time.

As it is, currently, I see the popup notification every time I get in the truck. It gets annoying.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

In the app.
ok, so you mean just open a service ticket. i thought there was some other way to submit software bugs.

Rivian should consider starting a bug bounty program... although we already have enthusiastic owners so maybe thats enough

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Installed yesterday. Haven’t noted any obvious changes in vampire activity yet.
I agree, I installed it Tuesday afternoon, no noticeable difference in vampire drain either way with this update.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Anyone else think that not only did 2023.18 restore the sport mode acceleration, but it seems even crazier? I took the truck out for a drive this morning, and it felt almost twitchy compared to a couple versions ago when they smoothed out the sport-mode pedal response.

At any rate, it was quite eye-opening on a 1½-lane back road. 😅
Only briefly drove my wife's R1S with the update. Feels like there was a lot of things they fixed before that were again fixed in this update. Suspension smoothing update felt like it was back though I wasn't certain before it was gone. Not sure if I would describe sport mode as twitchy but I personally never had that problem.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
ok, so you mean just open a service ticket. i thought there was some other way to submit software bugs.

Rivian should consider starting a bug bounty program... although we already have enthusiastic owners so maybe thats enough
Yep. We've asked them several times for a bug report option and they say they are 'exploring' it...

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Maybe just me but I thought there was much more motor whine while preconditioning yesterday, especially below 35mph. It went away when I cancelled the trip to the charger and came back immediately when I resumed the trip. It was cool, in the low 50s.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I updated yesterday morning. Noticed I couldn't activate ACC last night. Backing out this morning I got a notice cross traffic alerts weren't available. Today ACC told me it was unavailable until serviced. I did a soft reset and it didn't bring back cross traffic alerts. I then did a full reset and they seem to be working again. I haven't tried ACC again yet.

Of course it could be that the filthy beast needs a wash too. 😂

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
I agree, I installed it Tuesday afternoon, no noticeable difference in vampire drain either way with this update.
No difference in vampire drain for me today after .18 install. Down to around 2-3 miles per day after 2023.14 and replacement of my 12v batteries at th Austin SC.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I did update two days ago. Scheduled Charging worked correctly Thursday night. Now tonight I got home in evening and plugged in a few hours before scheduled Charging. It started Charging and shouldn't have. So I did full reset...still did it. I changed it to daily and it stops (I typically only use scheduled weekdays for time of use savings).

So it seems post update....software thinks Fridays are now weekends.....which they kinda of are for alot of the world now....but not the utility...

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I updated yesterday morning. Noticed I couldn't activate ACC last night. Backing out this morning I got a notice cross traffic alerts weren't available. Today ACC told me it was unavailable until serviced. I did a soft reset and it didn't bring back cross traffic alerts. I then did a full reset and they seem to be working again. I haven't tried ACC again yet.

Of course it could be that the filthy beast needs a wash too. 😂

Good news. The reset fixed my ACC as well as the cross traffic warning.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I plugged my truck in this evening during my on peak hours and it started charging. The schedule in the truck is correct, but it ignored it. Had to manually stop the charging. I get hit with demand charges during peak hours!

Rivian R1T R1S NEW UPDATE: Version 2023.18.00 (Internal Beta): Scheduled Charging In The Rivian Mobile App, Driver+ Improvements, Usability Improvements, and More IMG_0481

Last edited:

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I can't turn off bluetooth. My watch needs bluetooth to be active... And if I'm doing work outside (such as landscaping) I usually want to wear headphones which also require bluetooth.

At a minimum, Rivian should add an easy toggle in the app so I can enable/disable PAAK from my phone, temporarily. This seems like low-hanging fruit.
I agree with this, but there is a workaround at least with an iPhone.

With an iPhone you can deny bluetooth access to the Rivian app.

This is what I do to prevent my Rivian from waking up and flashing the taillights at me when I'm simply walking through the garage.

Sure I can't use the phone as a key as a result, but its way less annoying this way. I just use the fob instead.

If I ever run into a situation where I need to use the phone as a key then I'll reenable bluetooth access to the app.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Oh yeah. I used to have basically none -- margin of error. Now I'm walking away for a few hours and finding 10-20 miles range gone.
I’m 2.5 mi/night
Sponsored