Sponsored

New trailer for EV camping

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Very cool concept, but that thing is a beast (11.5K dry weight, beyond max tow capacity for even the R1T) & price is ASTRONOMICAL.

I like the idea of having a self contained solar & battery RV. However, for the cost difference I'm completely willing to deal with gas for my onboard generator in my 5th wheel instead. It would take more than a lifetime supply of gasoline running my generator off grid, and I still wouldn't approach the cost difference.

OP
OP

Moonjock

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
I didn't see that. I stopped looking once I saw the price. I don't need a house on wheels .

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
You could probably drop $50K for solar, lithium batteries, & inverter/electrical equipment to modify a "normal" RV and end up with the same capabilities.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Taurus
Occupation
Product design engineer
https://www.livingvehicle.com/2021-series

Too spendy for me but looks interesting.
Interesting!

I wonder what will be the result of the greedy taxation decisions by California government apparatchiks on those whose homes were destroyed and went the Living Vehicles route. There was nothing I could find about that in the link provided, which leads me to believe California governments (state and local) are going to extract their “pound of flesh”. I’ve been informed that there is no such thing as “forbearance” nationally from the property tax collector.

Last I saw California State Government had a large surplus that could have been used for fire prevention. Californians are such sheeple. Previous Governor Gray Davis was recalled for the resulting electricity crisis and the bursting of the “dot com” bubble while in office, but apparently people who spearhead such movements have disappeared (left for other states), not only in California, but in all of the “Blue States”. Keep tuned because while in the near future there won’t be a repeat, it will rhyme.

I’m sorry to have introduced a political component here to those who “don’t like to discuss politics”, or think it is not pertinent, but it is definitely related here to those whose homes were destroyed by California wild fires.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Interesting!

I wonder what will be the result of the greedy taxation decisions by California government apparatchiks on those whose homes were destroyed and went the Living Vehicles route. There was nothing I could find about that in the link provided, which leads me to believe California governments (state and local) are going to extract their “pound of flesh”. I’ve been informed that there is no such thing as “forbearance” nationally from the property tax collector.

Last I saw California State Government had a large surplus that could have been used for fire prevention. Californians are such sheeple. Previous Governor Gray Davis was recalled for the resulting electricity crisis and the bursting of the “dot com” bubble while in office, but apparently people who spearhead such movements have disappeared (left for other states), not only in California, but in all of the “Blue States”. Keep tuned because while in the near future there won’t be a repeat, it will rhyme.

I’m sorry to have introduced a political component here to those who “don’t like to discuss politics”, or think it is not pertinent, but it is definitely related here to those whose homes were destroyed by California wild fires.
You do understand that most of the fires are in California are burning on federal land which comes under the management of the federal government, not the state government. Also, the projected surplus went completely south with the pandemic. Lastly, you've been informed that there is no forberarance nationally on property tax. (by whom or what?) Property taxes are state taxes and thus determined by the states. It therefore follows that there would be no national policy regarding state taxes since each state determines their tax policies.

Finally, you should not have brought any of this blue state red state issues to this forum and it has nothing to do with this topic either.

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
I like how the promo photos on the webpage show a Tesla Model X (towing capacity 5000 lbs) parked next to the camper. Clearly that showed up after the F350 drove off.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I like how the promo photos on the webpage show a Tesla Model X (towing capacity 5000 lbs) parked next to the camper. Clearly that showed up after the F350 drove off.
The Tesla Model X is there because they advertised on plugshare. :)

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
You do understand that most of the fires are in California are burning on federal land which comes under the management of the federal government, not the state government. Also, the projected surplus went completely south with the pandemic. Lastly, you've been informed that there is no forberarance nationally on property tax. (by whom or what?) Property taxes are state taxes and thus determined by the states. It therefore follows that there would be no national policy regarding state taxes since each state determines their tax policies.

Finally, you should not have brought any of this blue state red state issues to this forum and it has nothing to do with this topic either.
True!
Sponsored