Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Hi to everyone! I'm Jaff. New to the forum
I've purchased my R1T a month ago. Looking for like-minded people

Thanks
Welcome! Lots of great info here, in sometimes excruciating detail.

First thing people will do is look at your signature line to check out your config, would love to see it if you’re comfortable w providing that info.

OP
OP
Jaff

Jaff

First Name
Jaffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome! Lots of great info here, in sometimes excruciating detail.

First thing people will do is look at your signature line to check out your config, would love to see it if you’re comfortable w providing that info.
Thanks! I will

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5

Thanks
Welcome Jeff! Lots of great info.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Sponsored

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired

Thanks
Man, they let ANYONE up in this fo ... er, I mean, WELCOME! Glad to have you aboard :)

And grumpy people that seem to have trust issues. :)
NO, I won't let you see my Rivian ... GET OFF MY LAWN!!

😏

• Haha
Reactions: Max

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 110, Range Rover HSE
Clubs

Thanks
Welcome! Curious to know when your expected delivery is. People are constantly asking me when would they expect delivery if they ordered today so would be good to know what recent orders are being quoted. Thanks!

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
And grumpy people that seem to have trust issues. :)
Perfectly content, thanks. That said, I think the balance of my commentary in this forum has been comic relief; but as its directly relevant I’d add that the thread you’re complimenting, exists because Rivian is not forthcoming with information, or has otherwise provided misleading or confusing information to the point we rely on anonymous third parties for it.

Point being; everyone here has trust issues on this topic; and since the consummation of this interest is an $80,000 personal expense, I have no problem being accused of healthy skepticism. :)

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Perfectly content, thanks. That said, I think the balance of my commentary in this forum has been comic relief; but as its directly relevant I’d add that the thread you’re complimenting, exists because Rivian is not forthcoming with information, or has otherwise provided misleading or confusing information to the point we rely on anonymous third parties for it.

Point being; everyone here has trust issues on this topic; and since the consummation of this interest is an $80,000 personal expense, I have no problem being accused of healthy skepticism. :)
Relying on or not believing? The ‘prove it’ statements are not needed or warranted. Not saying you are one of them. Just need to know there are some people that will make unneeded comments directed at you. Ignore them.

These forums are mostly good info from good people wanting the same thing. Just remember we all signed up with a brand new company with a brand new vehicle with new technology. It’s going to be a bumpy road and we all should have known that.

again, welcome to the forum @Jaff ! There’s a ton of knowledge here.

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Relying on or not believing? The ‘prove it’ statements are not needed or warranted. Not saying you are one of them. Just need to know there are some people that will make unneeded comments directed at you. Ignore them.

These forums are mostly good info from good people wanting the same thing. Just remember we all signed up with a brand new company with a brand new vehicle with new technology. It’s going to be a bumpy road and we all should have known that.

again, welcome to the forum @Jaff ! There’s a ton of knowledge here.
There have been more than one instance of people coming to the forums and obviously lying about a delivery or something else in order to stir the kettle. It's not unreasonable, given how many of us LE people have been waiting, for people to have asked for you to confirm your adventure delivery.

Honestly, it seems like you're more bothered by it than any of us 'grumpy people with trust issues'. You're the one still bringing it up in every thread 🤷

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There have been more than one instance of people coming to the forums and obviously lying about a delivery or something else in order to stir the kettle. It's not unreasonable, given how many of us LE people have been waiting, for people to have asked for you to confirm your adventure delivery.

Honestly, it seems like you're more bothered by it than any of us 'grumpy people with trust issues'. You're the one still bringing it up in every thread 🤷
I totally get your point...I'm a stick in the mud. I was just letting a new member know there are a mix of people w/ different expectations. My assumption is that everyone is honest...knowing I will get burnt at some point.

For the most part this is a great community. Including you. The grumpy people and the people like me (sticks in the mud). Haha.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
The only reason I wanted to see confirmation (I don't think I was one of the people asking for it) was so I could ensure I was justified in being pissed at Rivian before actually getting more pissed at Rivian :CWL:

OP
OP
Jaff

Jaff

First Name
Jaffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. And nice conversation :rock:

OP
OP
Jaff

Jaff

First Name
Jaffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome! Curious to know when your expected delivery is. People are constantly asking me when would they expect delivery if they ordered today so would be good to know what recent orders are being quoted. Thanks!
I bought it used. From my friend. So, I didn't have to wait.
Sponsored