Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Was just informed by a mobile service tech that Rivian is working to open a temporary service center in Capitol Heights, to support small to medium diagnosis and repair, while the new Gaithersburg, MD facility is onboarded. Heavy repairs will be diverted to fully active service centers.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Excellent news and they need to do this along the east coast (Wilmington/Baltimore for instance) to enable deliveries and delivery aside repairs and save they existing SCs for the harder stuff.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Richmond, VA service center told us the temporary Capitol Heights location should be open in March, but it won't be for customers to visit. The Gaithersburg location should come online in May-June.

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I was told yesterday by mobile service that Gaithersburg will be open by end of this month. Take with grain of salt. Just passing along.

Inthedmv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Launch Green R1T
I got a text from Rivian Customer Service this am that said the Capitol Heights location is opening soon and asking me
If I would like to schedule an appt there. Better than Richmond but I would prefer Gaithersburgā€¦

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Iā€™d rather go there from PA than Brooklyn.

Reactions: Guy

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I put in a request to purchase an additional key fob and they said they would make the service appointment for programming and then call ahead before the appointment to let me know if it could be done at my location.

I assumed RIchmond was the location, but while bumping around the app today I noticed it has my appointment on the 26th of April as Capitol Heights, MD.

I would prefer Gaithersburg (Virginia Right?) but I guess I'll take Capitol Heights over a run to RIchmond (I'm in Loudoun County).

nachilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Management
I put in a request to purchase an additional key fob and they said they would make the service appointment for programming and then call ahead before the appointment to let me know if it could be done at my location.

I assumed RIchmond was the location, but while bumping around the app today I noticed it has my appointment on the 26th of April as Capitol Heights, MD.

I would prefer Gaithersburg (Virginia Right?) but I guess I'll take Capitol Heights over a run to RIchmond (I'm in Loudoun County).

verify that.

I ordered a FOB also, they told me the mobile tech will come on site, bit that wasn't so.

They received the FOB at the capital heights location, then they send it to you via UPS from there. This was what happend to me this past week, i would call and verify the process.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

verify that.

I ordered a FOB also, they told me the mobile tech will come on site, bit that wasn't so.

They received the FOB at the capital heights location, then they send it to you via UPS from there. This was what happend to me this past week, i would call and verify the process.
Oh yes we'll definitely verify. I'm interested in your experience though. So they shipped it to you and you were able to program it yourself? Or they shipped it to you and someone came out and programmed it?

Seems like you would be able to program it yourself with their assistance over the phone since the car is connected but I understand they are still just getting everything up and running.

nachilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Management
Oh yes we'll definitely verify. I'm interested in your experience though. So they shipped it to you and you were able to program it yourself? Or they shipped it to you and someone came out and programmed it?

Seems like you would be able to program it yourself with their assistance over the phone since the car is connected but I understand they are still just getting everything up and running.

They shipped the FOB via UPS, i program the FOB myself by following the onscreen directions.

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

They shipped the FOB via UPS, i program the FOB myself by following the onscreen directions.
That's great, hoping I get the same

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
I have a few service tickets and Rivian offered to tow my R1S to capitol heights to get the work done. Apparently, it is not a service center that you can drive up to :)

In any case, I chose to hold off for a month as I am told the Gaithersburg location will be online this month.

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Im really hoping they keep Capitol Heights open longer and its not a short short term for Gaithersburg. As a Southern VA/NC "waiter" Id love to take a lot of workload off Richmond since NC is the worst and can't have anything.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

My R1S was delivered by Capitol Heights SC

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

My R1S was delivered by Capitol Heights SC
Congratulations, sounds like you are one of the first. I had read elsewhere that it was expected to open by end of May so a few weeks early is nice to see.
Sponsored