RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hey Rob - Just received the phone mount and fits perfectly with my belkin magsafe wireless charging mount so excited to use it once we get our R1S this Friday. Not to hijack this thread, but any thoughts on creating a 3d printed storage option that would slide in where the Camp Speaker sits? I'm in agreement with the OP in this thread and would be a great replacement for the lack of a glovebox... https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/center-console-camp-speaker.6217
Message received. I've posted in that thread. šŸ˜†
Sponsored

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Update:

I'm thinking I want to do a very limited Nylon Carbon Fiber limited run of this. Instead of semi-gloss plastic looking bits, the result should be deep, black, extremely hard and slightly abrasive frame. Something similar to this finish:

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Ultimate MagSafe Charging Pad Kit esun_pa_cf_parts_004

Please post here if you're interested.

I'm also debating doing more of my products in limited runs like this...

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
I haven't installed mine just yet, but can you help me understand where this would go? If it's better, that would be better to use, but it's hard to understand what the benefit is and how it would look.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I haven't installed mine just yet, but can you help me understand where this would go? If it's better, that would be better to use, but it's hard to understand what the benefit is and how it would look.
Same part - different material. I'm working on getting one printed now.

The above part is an example of the finish difference.

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
It's hard to tell the difference from the photos, but I'm getting the sense that it's going to look a bit more refined. If that's the case, I was thinking of installing the one I bought maybe this weekend and can hold off to do an install with one of these parts if I could model that for you in a new R1S.

Sponsored

VFUNARI

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Chief Scientific Officer at Cancer Diagnostics
Just installed the MagSafe with the pucks you reccomended. Wow! It is so functional I love it so much better than all the other things I tried!!!
A couple notes, the screw pin adapter for the electrical connection isnā€™t a tight connection, I donā€™t think the pins are as long or as big as they need to be. And soldering on those small pins that are so close to each other is a challenge. I was able to do it and so now Iā€™m in a better shape with the soldering but Iā€™m sure many will prefer screw. Also it wasnā€™t intuitive on how to put the pieces together and how it all fits so thanks for the pictures that helped.
Is there a reason to use the usba/c adapters if the puck comes with the c/a adapter already?

finally I think itā€™s so coolyou make the stl files. I usually buy the first one from you and then if I like it and it works well then I try to print my own in a preferred color. So for the iPhone mount I found a green that matches the forest edge so it looks factory. I may fiddle with some other colors For the MagSafe one. Thanks again for that!

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Just installed the MagSafe with the pucks you reccomended. Wow! It is so functional I love it so much better than all the other things I tried!!!
A couple notes, the screw pin adapter for the electrical connection isnā€™t a tight connection, I donā€™t think the pins are as long or as big as they need to be. And soldering on those small pins that are so close to each other is a challenge. I was able to do it and so now Iā€™m in a better shape with the soldering but Iā€™m sure many will prefer screw. Also it wasnā€™t intuitive on how to put the pieces together and how it all fits so thanks for the pictures that helped.
The connections that you see are about as good as possible without making custom brackerty. Considering the volume is less than 250 units, that would likely be cost prohibitive. Instead, I felt that including two different methods - and being open in regard to what it could be used with would be best for all of us.

There is a bit about bending some of the tabs with the screw together method that I put in the instructions page. I hope that helps, but I'm willing to go into more detail if I need to. (install instructions are available at the link on the bottom of the page)

Is there a reason to use the usba/c adapters if the puck comes with the c/a adapter already?
Nope! Those are only needed should you run the OEM pads. Considering those pads only net about 3W more than the JSAUX pads using the Power kit, I've opted not to run them personally and suggest the same for others. That said, I again wanted to be as open as possible with this and tested them / tweaked the model to be compliant with them. I've also had people reach out to me about using bigger sized ones, and I've help there too.

finally I think itā€™s so coolyou make the stl files. I usually buy the first one from you and then if I like it and it works well then I try to print my own in a preferred color. So for the iPhone mount I found a green that matches the forest edge so it looks factory. I may fiddle with some other colors For the MagSafe one. Thanks again for that!
I've been debating doing limited runs of different colors on some of the products that I've made. This in a flat CF-injected version. The Overhead Glasses Holder in white, etc. I've also thought about making a limited edition topper for this in a thin layer of TPU that would glue on.

I'm sort of at a crossroads of what to do next. Maybe doorsill covers?

VFUNARI

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Yeah
I thought Ild just provide some feedback since Iā€™m thrilled your stuff, and love that you give options.

I saw someone somewhere say something about replacing rivian speaker with some sort of extra front storage that acts more like a glove box or trash can. Speaker is great, but 99.9 percent Iā€™m not using it unless Iā€™m going out to a lake or park or something. And even then Iā€™m not listening to it in car.

anyway thanks!

NoGoingBack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I installed mine a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Having the extra space and chargers that work is wonderful. But I have one small issue. We had some of the warmest weather we have had so far this year last week. Got into the high 80ā€™s and sunny all day. Much warmer in the truck of course. Came out to my car after work to find the tray popped lose and warped and sticking up. I was able to get it back in place fairly easy but it wonā€™t stay down now. Sits lose and wonā€™t stay in place. Any one else have this issue?

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I installed mine a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Having the extra space and chargers that work is wonderful. But I have one small issue. We had some of the warmest weather we have had so far this year last week. Got into the high 80ā€™s and sunny all day. Much warmer in the truck of course. Came out to my car after work to find the tray popped lose and warped and sticking up. I was able to get it back in place fairly easy but it wonā€™t stay down now. Sits lose and wonā€™t stay in place. Any one else have this issue?
Can you reach out to me using the contact form? There are nearly 100 of these out there new, and you're the second person I've heard this from. I'd like keep my thumb on stuff like this and go back to my printer if need be.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Yeah
I thought Ild just provide some feedback since Iā€™m thrilled your stuff, and love that you give options.

I saw someone somewhere say something about replacing rivian speaker with some sort of extra front storage that acts more like a glove box or trash can. Speaker is great, but 99.9 percent Iā€™m not using it unless Iā€™m going out to a lake or park or something. And even then Iā€™m not listening to it in car.

anyway thanks!
Here is the thread and my latest update there: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/center-console-camp-speaker.6217/page-5#post-314524

NoGoingBack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Can you reach out to me using the contact form? There are nearly 100 of these out there new, and you're the second person I've heard this from. I'd like keep my thumb on stuff like this and go back to my printer if need be.
Form sent! Thanks!

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
Mine is similar, but not as bad. it started sticking up in the front. After inspection, it looks like it has shrunk front to back and the little buldge/clip in the front doesn't touch anything, so it easily comes up.

VFUNARI

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation