Sponsored

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Heh, printing mine out right now. Nothing like a 24 hour print.
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Ultimate MagSafe Charging Pad Kit Screenshot_20230309-200511~2

I really dig the chilliwich mat in there, @Blueassassin !
Sponsored

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Got my and installed! Love the huge pocket!

Question- is it supposed to sit up a little bit around the wood? I thought it was supposed to be flush or slightly lower.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Got my and installed! Love the huge pocket!

Question- is it supposed to sit up a little bit around the wood? I thought it was supposed to be flush or slightly lower.
It does, but it should be largely unnoticeable in practice. This varies somewhat due to inherent tolerance differences in working with wood - especially around the areas where it's bent.

I'd suggest shooting me an email on it via the website contact form if it's really bothering you.

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
This thing is cool. I wasn’t going to switch the wireless charge pad out because it worked ok for me. This option though I really like keeps the phone from moving around. Also wasn’t a fan of something 3d printed but not that I have it it’s amazing quality I really didn’t know 3d printing has gotten so good.
What power adapter did you use and where did you get it? Any benefits over what Riviparts bundled?

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

What power adapter did you use and where did you get it? Any benefits over what Riviparts bundled?
I wanted the white pucks for my OC so I ordered them on Amazon I already had the plug to use so I just bought a power adapter on amazon while I was there. Im not concerned about charging speed and i think what Riviparts has put together is probably a better option if you don't already have some parts.

Here's the one i bought if anyone really wants it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BCP6WPBD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I just used hot glue to attach everything to the underside nicely.

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Is there an install guide? Is the Rivian wiring color coded so it's apparent which of the red/black wires should be soldered to which pins? Have not opened up my console yet. Thanks!

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Is there an install guide? Is the Rivian wiring color coded so it's apparent which of the red/black wires should be soldered to which pins? Have not opened up my console yet. Thanks!
Hey there - I'm in the process of putting it together. Regarding the wiring - The soldering should look like this:

IMG_0465.JPG

Black on the OUTSIDE, red on the INSIDE. Use the included insulation as shown. It shrinks down when heat is applied. (hair dryer or heat gun will work)

And the screw-together option should look like this:

IMG_0706.JPG

The cabling must be all the way in and should not extend outside of the opening in the terminal block. Also, be mindful of the bend of the cabling when screwing. :) There is no strain relief.

When connecting it, be careful to not bend the plugs. It should not be forced. Assuming everything lines up, the connectors will click together:

IMG_0707.JPG

and the USB brick will light up blue:

IMG_1271.JPG

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Thanks. I figured the outer wire was the black / negative once I saw the rivians cable. A bit harder to install everything than I thought, but eventually got it. Tight fit with the cable strain relief and USB c adapters.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Ultimate MagSafe Charging Pad Kit PXL_20230311_000723766

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
Also you get the option on the lower Matt for a clean texture finish or with small bored to hold a small amount of liquid. I added some chilliwich that I got a sample of and really dig it.
This looks great for OC. I would love to obtain what you’ve done. How might that be possible?

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

This looks great for OC. I would love to obtain what you’ve done. How might that be possible?
Order the white pucks and the chilliwich page you can get a free sample of the patch. I forget which kind match the OC interior.

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
Order the white pucks and the chilliwich page you can get a free sample of the patch. I forget which kind match the OC interior.
Thanks, ordered the Apple pucks! Do you happen to have an email confirmation from Chilliwich that will identify the sample?

Rfan

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Blue, OC
Occupation
Education/Technology
Clubs

Just wanted to share I received my full MagSafe Charging Pad kit and if fits great. Works well and the pucks hold the phone nicely in place. The large pocket is nice too! Well done Riviparts! I love the innovative ideas this community (rivian forums.com) share and the clever people that bring the ideas to market.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Quick update:

For those who are interested in the Power Kit, I'd suggest you purchase now. There are less than 10 remaining and the restock date is TBD. Likely 3 weeks or so out.

Also, install instructions for both of these products has been posted on RIVIPARTS.com

Z R1S

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, BMW X7
This is the third of three new product announcements from RIVIPARTS over three days.
Please take a look at the other two announcements -
Left Side Phone Mount & Rear Seat Aux Cup Holder.

Hello my dudes!

Today I'd like to officially announce something really special. I've been working on it for a few months now, obsessively tweaking it over and over until I had something that I really wanted to use, and is marked improvement over the OEM product.

Today I'm announcing the RIVIPARTS Ultimate MagSafe Charging Pad Kit for the Rivian R1T and R1S. It's designed to be a complete replacement for the stock POS charging pad that fixes everything that the stock pad gets wrong:
  • Constantly FAST charging. Fast as possible. Always work.
  • Keep the phones in place when put down and easily removeable.
  • Work with ALL iPhones and as many other phones that have MagSafe cases.
  • Maximize the space that is available. Big phones shouldn't hog the entire pad.
  • Support an easy USB plug in or an elegant reuse of the connector for the OEM pad.
  • Make it easy use, easy to install, and easy to print or manufacture.
  • Be beautiful. Blend in with the OEM design and other RIVIPARTS items.
  • Release the STL file so anyone with a 3D printer (or access to one) can print use it for free.
With that all said, here is what I came up with:

IMG_1244.JPG

20230126_174550.jpg

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1249 (1).JPG

Feature of the RIVIPARTS Ultimate Kit include:
  • Up to two "floating" MagSafe compatible charging pucks. OEM Apple Pads and JSAUX Black aftermarket pads both tested and supported.
  • Dimensioned appropriately for compatibility with iPhone 14 Pro Max to iPhone Mini and all models in between.
  • Unrivaled compatibility with cases as there is virtually no camera bump obstruction.
  • Significantly enlarged front pocket. It now measures 168mm wide x 79mm deep x 32mm tall. This is enough to insert an iPhone 11 Pro without a case into it.
  • Ability to connect to the either the center console USB ports or to the OEM connector that powers the stock pad. (feedback needed - see below)
  • Ability to install one or two charging pucks as a blank for the unused side will be included. (feedback needed - see below)
The kit is comprised of a few different bits - most pictured below in prototype orange for better visibility:

1 X Charging Pad Shelf (Durable Black PETG)​
1 X Front Pocket Liner (Flexible Black TPU Rubber)​
1 X Charging Pad Blank (should you only want to install one, Durable Black PETG)​

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

As mentioned prior, the RIVIPARTS Ultimate kit is a complete replacement for the stock pad. Remove the old (it's all clips, there are no bolts) and drop this one into place. The kit will not includes pads as there are multiple options available. I've extensively tested with both the Apple OEM pads and the JSAUX MagSafe pads. Both work extremely well. The Apple pads will theoretically charge faster (more below) where the JSAUX are both better color matched and less expensive.

In addition to the kit, the plan is to sell an optional Direct Wiring Kit. It will include:

2 x Changing Cable Exit Blanks (shown above - small item in orange)​

This kit will provide two different options on how you can directly connect it into your Rivian. You can either solder the included adapter wiring to the Molex connector (preferred) or you can use the terminal block connector with the including adapter wiring. It screws together. This is slightly more finnicky, but potentially easier to install.

To wrap up, this design is nearly complete, but I still have a bit of refining to do. I'm al however using it every day in my Rivian, so I'm comfortable with others doing the same. STL files for the Work In Progress design as show here are available RIGHT NOW - https://www.printables.com/model/381218-riviparts-ultimate-magsafe-pad-kit-wip/files. Please download it, print it and provide feedback if you're willing to - either publicly or privately via DM.

For those who don't have a 3D printer, fear not - I will be batch producing these at a very reasonable price. The goal is to start shipping in February for under $40 for the kit + $20 (optionally) for the direct wiring kit.

Before doing so, I am looking for some feedback. Any bit helps, but answering below helps more:
  1. Is this an interesting item and is there anything additional that would make it more compelling?
  2. Is TPU rubber OK for the tray? It could be all plastic for a reduced cost.
  3. Is splitting up the direct wiring kit for the pad kit okey doke?
  4. Is pricing reasonable (starting around $60 with two JSAUX pads)
  5. Should I optionally sell the pads with it? (hopefully no :))
  6. Should I include the blanks, or will no one install just one pad?
  7. Should I include both options with the wiring kit?

Thanks for reading through this. I hope you can see this has been a labor of love. Happy to answer any questions and listen to any feedback.

Rob
Hey Rob - Just received the phone mount and fits perfectly with my belkin magsafe wireless charging mount so excited to use it once we get our R1S this Friday. Not to hijack this thread, but any thoughts on creating a 3d printed storage option that would slide in where the Camp Speaker sits? I'm in agreement with the OP in this thread and would be a great replacement for the lack of a glovebox... https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/center-console-camp-speaker.6217
Sponsored