Sponsored

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Sorry, just to confirm as I'm relatively new here, these are L2 chargers?
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Sorry, just to confirm as I'm relatively new here, these are L2 chargers?
yes a level 3 or fast charger uses the two lower holes for the DC fast charging. The plug and the charging unit is much bigger.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
An L2 "charger" is really only a contactor plus some support electronics. The actual charger is in the car. The smallest (40 - 50 kW) L3 chargers are generally about this size. They contain the actual charger as well as the support electronics and contactor. Note also the fairly hefty stepdown transformer to the left of and behind the actual charger.
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Waypoint Chargers Go Live in Nashville. R1T Appears For First Charge IMG_1654

Last edited:

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
Hey! Iā€™m actually the big[ish] guy getting into the back seat (thanks for not calling me fat ?!)

Getting into the backseat was not that difficult all things considered. It was easier than getting into the front seat of most car to be honest. I ended up with about 2 inches of Knee room and plenty of Leg room. I actually found it road trip-able back there!

I then immediately jumped into the front seat without adjusting and also had enough room to tripā€¦and Iā€™m nearly 6ā€™3ā€.

Great truck! Fall ā€™20 reservtion holder So itā€˜ll probably be a while but Iā€™m really excited. This experience kept me from changing my build From Ocean Coast. Itā€™s a great color.
Welcome to the group! And thanks for posting your experience.

Otisbrick

First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Physician
Bummed to have missed this event, possibly my only chance to see an R1T up-close and in-person before delivery. Wish it had been better marketed. Glad to see Rivian giving Tennessee some love. Anyone hear anything else about Nashville-area Rivian infrastructure? Seems like serviceability in an area is playing a big role in delivery timelines.
I heard rumor they bought property on Hillsboro Road (old car lot in North Franklin) 305 5th Ave N, Franklin, TN 37064. Maybe service/ fulfillment center?
Sponsored