Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
NC - 9th most populous state. SC -23rd. Combined to around 16 million people. And closest device center in Richmond VA. Agreed, makes zero sense.
And neither NC nor SC allow Rivian to build a service center. BY LAW. Agreed that it makes no sense, so go write your representatives to get your laws changed - don't hate on Rivian for that.
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I assume those listed are open by end of 2023. Is that reasonable?
Yes, it seems reasonable that this map shows locations that are currently under development for the near term, and that is confirmed by what we know about permitting and building activity at those locations.

It is clearly NOT a map of all locations that will ever be built, it just represents the current state of affairs and what Rivian thinks they can promise in the near term.

Reactions: Jac

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Nice to see additional locations to support Pennsylvania. This state sucks and won't allow Rivian to open Centers, so it makes sense that Ohio and NJ centers are on the border.

Pennsylvania is the 5th most populous state, and we have ZERO service centers due to our lazy ass, brain dead, no good, self serving, backwards, ignorant, NADA lobbyist pwned, Luddite legislature! šŸ¤¬ šŸ¤Æ šŸ‘ŗ

I feel a little better now....
1670362544244.png
I agree it is good to see more near the borders. I thought they would do one in Binghamton to support NE PA as well as upstate NU. Looks like they have gone further north there. The center of the state is still going to be hard to reach but Pittsburgh and Philly (with surrounding suburbs) is most of the population.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

From the looks of it , we are getting a service station in what appears to be DC. For us Northern WMA'ers it sure as hell beats driving several hours to Richmond!

Sponsored

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜20 Model Y, ā€˜22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

From the looks of it , we are getting a service station in what appears to be DC. For us Northern WMA'ers it sure as hell beats driving several hours to Richmond!
I donā€™t mind trips to Richmond, but DC would be closer for me. Nice to see.

OP
OP
ads75

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

This map may help explain some delivery window inconsistencies. It wonā€™t make someone with a far out window feel better though.

Cogentfire

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HONDA
Occupation
Scientist
Last edited:

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

So are the state laws prohibiting ā€œsalesā€ centers or ā€œserviceā€ centers? Seems like it would be the former. What possible exception could statesā€™ AG have towards service centers?

PA being bereft of SCs sucks, but it looks like one is planned for the vicinity of Florence,NJ, near the Turnpike bridge. Waaay closer for me then Brooklyn.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
So are the state laws prohibiting ā€œsalesā€ centers or ā€œserviceā€ centers? Seems like it would be the former. What possible exception could statesā€™ AG have towards service centers?
In some states, it's both. Here in WA, it's sales.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

In some states, it's both. Here in WA, it's sales.
What legislation could credibly prevent someone from opening a business repairing something (that isnā€™t itself, illegal to own)?

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

PA being bereft of SCs sucks, but it looks like one is planned for the vicinity of Florence,NJ, near the Turnpike bridge. Waaay closer for me then Brooklyn.
Protectionism for existing dealers and their buckaroos.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
What legislation could credibly prevent someone from opening a business repairing something (that isnā€™t itself, illegal to own)?
That's a question for the New Mexico, Alabama, and South Carolina legislatures...

OP
OP
ads75

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

What possible exception could statesā€™ AG have towards service centers?
The stateā€™s attorney general doesnā€™t care. But they have to enforce the laws written by/passed by the states legislatures. And those guys probably got paid off by dealer lobbies.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

The stateā€™s attorney general doesnā€™t care. But they have to enforce the laws written by/passed by the states legislatures. And those guys probably got paid off by dealer lobbies.
Actually, state AGs frequently deem to not enforce laws that they donā€™t agree with. Some of them even go on to become governor.
Sponsored