Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I moved my delivery address to Texas hoping to get back on Rivian' s delivery radar after the January scheduling refresh.
The problem with that approach , other than cheating, is what happens if you need service and they are four plus hours away?
Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

!Unofficial! Location and pictures of Proposed Shelton CT Service Center.

Visited the Shelton Town Clerk. (Hey, its a small state). He stated that in November, attorney for Rivian LLC filed for and received a Zoning Permit to use the existing buildings at 2 Mountainview Drive for light Industry and deliveries with 6 small stipulations (“Remove 3 parking places”. Leaving only 81). Things change, and I‘ve only seen the Center in Chelsea, MA, but seems this could be quite a Center.

F91C2E9F-D1B6-44F7-BF3C-3B5C2EA9C1B7.jpeg

DC2AFFAF-C0FD-450D-A8F8-3BE3644D238A.jpeg

6935CD34-3F44-4DE2-9C16-145866E9E49B.jpeg
And here’s Rivian’s planned interior build out for the Shelton, Connecticut service center:

http://cityofshelton.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/22-21-Rivian.Ground-Floor-Construction-Plan.pdf

And another photo:

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Service Center Map - Including Future Locations 474FECBF-882B-4ECD-8183-714F59F82D0E

Last edited:

TouringDad

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Toyota Tacoma, Porsche 911 GTS
Occupation
Health Care Professional
The problem with that approach , other than cheating, is what happens if you need service and they are four plus hours away?
It's not cheating if I have a place there. And service I can travel to Richmond anyway so all good. Or you know wait forever while my local politicians cry about little league not being funded by the local dealer group.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It's not cheating if I have a place there. And service I can travel to Richmond anyway so all good. Or you know wait forever while my local politicians cry about little league not being funded by the local dealer group.
I agree about the politicians and the need for them to open up. I lived in NC and loved it, but at least moving to PA I can get my Rivian.
If you have a place in another state then all good and fair. I just don’t advise people doing an end run around this obstruction using addresses they don’t really live at and then need service (as most seem to). Good luck.

KEVIN HOOKS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
ADMIN
There are going to be 4 service centers in Ohio…..impressive. I had already heard that, but good to see it’s actually a fact.
I live in Columbus and have driven where I think it will be Rohr Rd close to highway and a lot of new warehouses but I can’t find it. I was told it should be open 9-23.
Sponsored