Sponsored

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Wow, didn't know there was a San Jose service center, i thought SF was the only one for the bay.

Sucks for those who live in "fly over" states, I wonder how many of them have reservations and what their delivery time frame is.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Tesla showed them how to do it.
FYI rivian’s govt affairs/lobbyist person is the very same person who got tesla all these tailor made rules allowing only them to operate in various states.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Yes, it has been updated as well.
Interestingly, the map doesn’t reflect the new Waypoint chargers at Stub Stewart State Park in Oregon. They appear to be about to go live.

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Service Center Map - Including Future Locations 46C5EFB2-EE1E-48A7-8F89-FB45F433AF5E

Sponsored

Bilbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Yes this is complete BS. I live in central NC and am getting boned and it appears this trend will continue. I need to look elsewhere

Reactions: Guy

TouringDad

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Toyota Tacoma, Porsche 911 GTS
Occupation
Health Care Professional
Yes this is complete BS. I live in central NC and am getting boned and it appears this trend will continue. I need to look elsewhere
I moved my delivery address to Texas hoping to get back on Rivian' s delivery radar after the January scheduling refresh.

Bilbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
I contacted them and said I would pay to ship it to me and pay to have it shipped for service. They are not interested in any of that. I may do the same

SantaFeSpence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3LR
Occupation
Fun & Games
Alas, nothing in the works for New Mexico. Given our 2 national parks and 11 national Monuments, you'd think our state would deserve some Rivian attention,

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Yep, the dealer lobby in your state has completely "boned" you and all consumers in the state, supposedly in the name of protecting you from big bad manufacturers like Rivian.

Complain to your Governor, State Rep and State Senator for decreasing your options as a consumer and restricting trade in the state.

Sponsored

TouringDad

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Toyota Tacoma, Porsche 911 GTS
Occupation
Health Care Professional
I contacted them and said I would pay to ship it to me and pay to have it shipped for service. They are not interested in any of that. I may do the same
Rivian wants to be able to service the trucks locally I would guess.

Molarman

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Limited, 2019 Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid
Occupation
Retired
From the Rivian S-1 filing (dated 1 Oct 2021 - this is not new information):

... 28 states restrict our ability to obtain a dealer license to sell within those states. Such states are Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. With respect to owning and operating a physical warranty service location, the restrictions are substantially fewer. Only eight states prohibit us, as a manufacturer, from directly or indirectly owning or operating a service center providing warranty service. Those states are Alabama, Louisiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and West Virginia.

emphasis mine.

That "directly or indirectly owning or operating" clause is a killer. That means they probably can't contract this out either. If you're in one of those 8 states, then your local government is the reason for your frustration.

cmcintyre

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T #9xxx, ‘86 Porsche 911, Factory Five 818C
Occupation
Corporate Pilot
!Unofficial! Location and pictures of Proposed Shelton CT Service Center.

Visited the Shelton Town Clerk. (Hey, its a small state). He stated that in November, attorney for Rivian LLC filed for and received a Zoning Permit to use the existing buildings at 2 Mountainview Drive for light Industry and deliveries with 6 small stipulations (“Remove 3 parking places”. Leaving only 81). Things change, and I‘ve only seen the Center in Chelsea, MA, but seems this could be quite a Center.

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Service Center Map - Including Future Locations F91C2E9F-D1B6-44F7-BF3C-3B5C2EA9C1B7

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Service Center Map - Including Future Locations DC2AFFAF-C0FD-450D-A8F8-3BE3644D238A

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Service Center Map - Including Future Locations 6935CD34-3F44-4DE2-9C16-145866E9E49B

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Have been trying to look for proposed site in SA. But can’t find anything
Sponsored