Sponsored

Deleted member 7086

Update to my April 21 post. Had the new and improved washer repair to all four half shafts. I had high hopes this repair (the third) would work. During the cool months it did seem to be of help but not totally eliminate the problem. The summer months have been very hot and both the clanking noises and slack/play in the spline/half shafts have returned just as before. I suppose the only thing left is to try to get Rivian to replace all four spline/half shaft assemblies. I suspect this will not be easy. I traded a Jeep Grand Cherokee in when purchasing my R1T. I thought that vehicle spent way too much time in the shop on warranty repairs. Little did I know what I was getting into with the Rivian, not only with the spline/half shaft repairs but the other problems. It is a shame I really enjoy driving the truck.
Sponsored

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

Ugh, Iā€™ve been waiting to deal with taking my truck down to Orlando for this, which iā€™m very concerned wonā€™t be able to be done in the 2 days I am hoping to give them the truck so I wonā€™t have to take a loaner home to Tallahassee and come back later to swap. Their system for scheduling service does not account for the reality of this their shops really work and theyā€™ll schedule you for work without actually having the capacity to do it at the scheduled time. Add to that my concern that itā€™ll be a very temporary fix to a problem that can only really be resolved by replacing all 4 halfshafts.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Update to my April 21 post. Had the new and improved washer repair to all four half shafts. I had high hopes this repair (the third) would work. During the cool months it did seem to be of help but not totally eliminate the problem. The summer months have been very hot and both the clanking noises and slack/play in the spline/half shafts have returned just as before. I suppose the only thing left is to try to get Rivian to replace all four spline/half shaft assemblies. I suspect this will not be easy. I traded a Jeep Grand Cherokee in when purchasing my R1T. I thought that vehicle spent way too much time in the shop on warranty repairs. Little did I know what I was getting into with the Rivian, not only with the spline/half shaft repairs but the other problems. It is a shame I really enjoy driving the truck.
From what I understandā€¦the hubs and half shafts might be what you need. I just had the washers done again on mine and all feels good for now, but they said that would be the next step.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ugh, Iā€™ve been waiting to deal with taking my truck down to Orlando for this, which iā€™m very concerned wonā€™t be able to be done in the 2 days I am hoping to give them the truck so I wonā€™t have to take a loaner home to Tallahassee and come back later to swap. Their system for scheduling service does not account for the reality of this their shops really work and theyā€™ll schedule you for work without actually having the capacity to do it at the scheduled time. Add to that my concern that itā€™ll be a very temporary fix to a problem that can only really be resolved by replacing all 4 halfshafts.
Ask for mobile service to do it. Tech did my fronts in my garage in 1.5 hrs.

Edit: I waited 6 weeks for an appointment 1.25 hours away. The day BEFORE I was to drive up there, the mobile tech in my area (great guy, by the way) texted me and said he could do this in my garage. So Iā€™m not sure it was allowed as mobile because he knew I had the space to do the job in my garage or what (he had been to my place before), so your situation may vary.
Sponsored

Last edited: