Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Good way to cut down that MSRP if that becomes a tax incentive/credit issue.

If Rivian is smart, they will throw you a discount "at time of purchase" so that you can scrape that Camp Kitchen off your order, but add it on as a "dealer installed" option at pick up without paying the normal markup of a post purchase add on.

Drive away and you would eat the cost bump...
I'm sure they'll sort this out within reason, but also at this point the Dems pushed thru the Infra bill independently and Build Back Better might go some significant delays and revisions as a result.
Sponsored

Last edited:

r1s-owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer (Principal Architect)
Just my opinion, but buying branded gear for a brand that you don’t own or use just seems strange to me, but I guess people wear Porsche shirts and don’t drive one too.
They might be future investors looking for some swag to match their digital stock certificates.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Good way to cut down that MSRP if that becomes a tax incentive/credit issue.

If Rivian is smart, they will throw you a discount "at time of purchase" so that you can scrape that Camp Kitchen off your order, but add it on as a "dealer installed" option at pick up without paying the normal markup of a post purchase add on.

Drive away and you would eat the cost bump...
You will lose 3 years of warranty though…only two yr warranty on accessories if purchased after delivery of vehicle. Food for thought.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I have Polo shirts, buy don't play poo, nor own horses.

And when that Calvin Klein dude finds out I'm impersonating him... he's gunna be sooooo pissed off...
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian.com Website Launched + Gear Shop! C95179E9-DA5B-4235-9E3F-A9EB2B38AA5A

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Finally a chance to see compass yellow in person!

Anyone else unable to complete a transaction though? I just get a generic "something went wrong, try again later" message when I confirm the order.

Sponsored

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
You will lose 3 years of warranty though…only two yr warranty on accessories if purchased after delivery of vehicle. Food for thought.
That's my point though.

Treat it like it was a factory order, full warranty, factory price... but "dealer installed" to get you under the MSRP limit.

As @pc500 points out though, who knows what will come of that (or when).

Though... great way to up sale... full warranty, factory pricing... are you SUUUUURE YOU DON'T WANT THE SHINY???

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Haven’t seen the R1S seat folding animation before. Looks good!
I see tie downs in the back cargo area, I know that was a question some had. Also it appears you can see the mechanism to slide the 2nd row seats back and forth. They appear to be all the way back in this animation. Leads me to believe the second row could have a lot more leg room than the R1T. Also two sets of 3rd row seat belts... whoopsies... or on purpose?
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian.com Website Launched + Gear Shop! 1636427155906

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That’s a solvable problem. For example, let people add accessories with the longer warranty within 30 days of vehicle delivery (or whatever period).

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
It's great to see the Gear Shop, but they need to polish it up a bit. You click on the green sweatshirt (overpriced at $70), it says there is a logo, but none shows in the photos. Same on the women's sweatshirt. You click on the compass hat in green color, and a brown color shows instead. No biggie, but having just launched a new website for my organization, we would never have let mistakes like that through. Anyway, it's good some swag is available.

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
That's my point though.

Treat it like it was a factory order, full warranty, factory price... but "dealer installed" to get you under the MSRP limit.

As @pc500 points out though, who knows what will come of that (or when).

Though... great way to up sale... full warranty, factory pricing... are you SUUUUURE YOU DON'T WANT THE SHINY???
The problem is for those of us who need/want the max pack.

I only have a partial hope for "unlockable pre-provisioned battery capacity" for $5,000, where activation is a $5,000 post-purchase upgrade option on your cell phone.

Hopefully, nothing happens and the $7500 credit just stays in play as-is.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
It's great to see the Gear Shop, but they need to polish it up a bit. You click on the green sweatshirt (overpriced at $70), it says there is a logo, but none shows in the photos. Same on the women's sweatshirt. You click on the compass hat in green color, and a brown color shows instead. No biggie, but having just launched a new website for my organization, we would never have let mistakes like that through. Anyway, it's good some swag is available.
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian.com Website Launched + Gear Shop! 1636428076978

You mean this green sweatshirt?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Im down for buying a hoodie, but $85/$95 for a hoodie that DOESN'T support any cause is a bit much for me lol. Granted Im not the most fashion conscience person so for me buying any shoes more than $50 is a lot lol.