Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Follow up from CS:

"Thank you so much for your patience. Our team just got back to us regarding this issue. As it turns out, we use a Google integration for the address section and according to their system, we are unable to process your address. I am so sorry. Apparently, this can happen when the address is considered a rural location, it's a new development, etc.

We can offer to send this to the UPS facility where you would have to pick it up, or if you have a friend's house that you could send it to, that would work as well."

Guess I am not ordering from the gear shop anytime soon. Never had this issue with any other retailer.
I have a wilderness address, USPS does not home deliver, so I have to use a PO Box for USPS or UPS or FedEx. Since Rivian uses UPS or FedEx (I think FedEx), they should deliver directly to your home. Simply ask Rivian not to use USPS. Call them. I have received one package from Rivian! Let us know if you succeed.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I have a wilderness address, USPS does not home deliver, so I have to use a PO Box for USPS or UPS or FedEx. Since Rivian uses UPS or FedEx they should deliver directly to your home. Simply ask Rivian not to use USPS. Call them. I have received one package from Rivian!
Thanks for the suggestion. USPS is not the problem, I get mail from USPS daily. Not to mention Amazon and any other online order I have made in the last year since I moved here. It isn't a wilderness address, I live in the city limits.

To their defense they did offer me an option to pick up at the UPS center or ship to a friends house but seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through for a $85 hoodie. To me it just sounds like their e-commerce system is not good, frustrating but not the end of the world.

On the other hand if they told me my LE was ready to be picked up I would be happy to jump through whatever hoops they put in front of me :D

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Thanks for the suggestion. USPS is not the problem, I get mail from USPS daily. Not to mention Amazon and any other online order I have made in the last year since I moved here. It isn't a wilderness address, I live in the city limits.

To their defense they did offer me an option to pick up at the UPS center or ship to a friends house but seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through for a $85 hoodie. To me it just sounds like their e-commerce system is not good, frustrating but not the end of the world.

On the other hand if they told me my LE was ready to be picked up I would be happy to jump through whatever hoops they put in front of me :D
I would call again. Makes no sense. And ask them to speak with a supervisor if necessary. ?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Follow up from CS:

"Thank you so much for your patience. Our team just got back to us regarding this issue. As it turns out, we use a Google integration for the address section and according to their system, we are unable to process your address. I am so sorry. Apparently, this can happen when the address is considered a rural location, it's a new development, etc.

We can offer to send this to the UPS facility where you would have to pick it up, or if you have a friend's house that you could send it to, that would work as well."

Guess I am not ordering from the gear shop anytime soon. Never had this issue with any other retailer.
Does google maps find your address properly?

If not, send a correction to google and eventually things will get cleared up.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Does google maps find your address properly?

If not, send a correction to google and eventually things will get cleared up.
You are correct. I have done that, we'll see what happens. The real issue is that Google maps thinks my zip code is the adjacent one, like 2-3 years ago this area was added to the city limits and I guess the ZIP code boundary changed.

Just surprised that Rivian's ecommerce system relies so heavily on google maps data alone. For instance Apple maps and others get it right.

Sponsored

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like they updated the splash page when I log into my account just now. Nothing really different, but looks new.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Looks like they updated the splash page when I log into my account just now. Nothing really different, but looks new.
Yep. No more events tab or DSP for me, new background, and now Stories at the bottom of the page.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Got my delivery today. I ordered the green hoodie and, while overpriced, I’m happy with the quality and fit. It’s a heavier material than I expected and I really like it.

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Guess I'm committed to this truck now ?
1637200627119.png
Could you take close ups of the latching mechanism? I'm curious if they could be easily copied with 3D printer or CNC.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Hoodie, Tree TShirt, Coffee Tumbler and, Water bottle. Not too shabby. ✌❤⚡??

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian.com Website Launched + Gear Shop! PXL_20211124_175043128

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian.com Website Launched + Gear Shop! PXL_20211124_175133019

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
You wrapping that for yourself?

I don't judge, I'm the only one with good enough tastes in my own house, too. ;)
??? Nope using the main box for the hoodie that's for my wife which matches her Truck (put the envelope, postcard, and sticker in the hoodie pocket, wrapped the Tumbler, and water bottle separate for 'her' even though we'll both end up using them ?
...so...oh and I hid my Tree TShirt in plain sight hung up with all my other shirts in my closet just can't sport it until after Xmas lol.

Even though I'm not supposed to order myself stuff during my BDay/Xmas season, couldn't pass that shirt up. ✌

Things we do for ❤

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Could you take close ups of the latching mechanism? I'm curious if they could be easily copied with 3D printer or CNC.
Sorry - bit late:
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian.com Website Launched + Gear Shop! 1638208889077

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian.com Website Launched + Gear Shop! 1638208922943

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian.com Website Launched + Gear Shop! 1638208960846

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
No way I'd trust a 3d printed part to hang on under use.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

No way I'd trust a 3d printed part to hang on under use.
I'd probably trust something made by the guys that JRE uses for his HMMWV conversion. That stuff looks very sturdy and you have a lot of choices for materials.
Sponsored