Sponsored

tylerdurden03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla Model 3
Clubs

I predict a lot of "Will Rivian follow Ford and get rid of the crappy CCS connectors in favor of the far superior NACS?" while all of the people ignore that it's probably already been answered with "Rivian has no plans to do that at this time" because that's all RJ is allowed to say if he even responds to it.
Unfortunate but it seems you are correct. A majorly missed opportunity if they ever had the chance to link with Tesla in this way.

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Unfortunate but it seems you are correct. A majorly missed opportunity if they ever had the chance to link with Tesla in this way.
This is something to bring up on the weekly Rivian responds on Reddit. I would love to be able to use the supercharger network.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Good video clips. Not a fan of the boring colors. If I never see another gray car again it would be too soon. Wish I could've gotten mine in something really bright and bold like 1970 Chrysler Plum Crazy Purple, but green was a decent-ish second choice for me. 😉

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian colors EVERGREEN and SLATE revealed by RJ on "Ask Rivian" segment (watch inside) 1685202839576

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Slate seems to “pre age” the car, by coming pre-faded, like a 90s Camry. Maybe that’s just my bias. I like Evergreen.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
If that's all they're doing that was a massive let down.

At least answer 10 questions? I mean I feel like it should have been some more rapid fire stuff, not everything needed to be "onsite" to show a vehicle or anything else, just sit RJ at a desk and let him answer 10 questions in a row, it would have been far more valuable
Lol, this forum.

tylerdurden03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla Model 3
Clubs

This is something to bring up on the weekly Rivian responds on Reddit. I would love to be able to use the supercharger network.
It would make the biggest difference. Coming from a Tesla and as a new Rivian owners the biggest bummer with the truck is the charging setup. Its night and day in a bad way versus Tesla.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

That evergreen looks really dope. My Forest Green felt like a consolation prize for just missing the LE cutoff, and now I'm going to have the 3rd best green soon.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

That evergreen looks really dope. My Forest Green felt like a consolation prize for just missing the LE cutoff, and now I'm going to have the 3rd best green soon.
I am not sure why people are raving over the potential new color (remember he said these were samples not definite). It is very dark and looks black a lot. Forest Green is a great color and if that didn’t work for you there were eight other colors to choose from!

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

I’m more interested in the Sand and Turquoise colors that were teased than the Evergreen and Slate.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
:( no tank turn.
I’ve been commenting every time tank turn came up that they would never release it. Thankfully RJ put that one to bed. It’s a cool feature nobody needs and would have been a warranty and insurance claims nightmare.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I’ve been commenting every time tank turn came up that they would never release it. Thankfully RJ put that one to bed. It’s a cool feature nobody needs and would have been a warranty and insurance claims nightmare.
But it was decided to not offer tank turn to protect the earth....not warranty and insurance claims... bwaahahaa

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Why do you and RJ hate fun?
Rivian copies Tesla pretty closely. Part of that playbook is shameless promotion to generate buzz. Many of those click-bait gimmicks will never see the light of day, like the tank turn, quad motor max pack, or the ”flying“ roadster.

If Rivian demand drops, expect to see more of these. If Rivian demand stays high expect more to be killed, like the max pack.

First Name
kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5D, NC Miata, 47 Dodge
Occupation
retired architect
I was hoping for a burst of color from Rivian to match the fun dynamic of the vehicle itself.I am a 2021 Maxpac, compass yellow holdout and had hoped in my multi-year wait to have an option. Gloomy Green and Gloomy Gray instead of Grabber Orange and Cherry Red. How depressing we as a society have become!
Sponsored